Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 572
  1. #91
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Bucks County, PA
    Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    BPW 9x9 silnylon
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Beatle Buckles
    Posts
    29
    Really like the design. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime; seems pretty easy to retrofit to an existing underquilt.

  2. #92
    jellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Delaware
    Hammock
    Super Nova
    Tarp
    Winter
    Insulation
    Clews
    Suspension
    Rainbows
    Posts
    2,436
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    I really like your use of snaps for connecting the nettles to the hammock.
    I might actually soon start working on mine!
    If you are interested in sewing a box-style underquilt with the snap suspension attachment points, FYI I put my pattern and excruciatingly detailed sewing instructions for the box underquilt for the clew (with snaps!!!) online at http://jellyfishreport.blogspot.com/...s-for-box.html

    I'm curious what you will come up with.
    I sew things on youtube.
    My interview on HYOH Podcast.
    Check out my very cool Dutch Oven club.
    Find me on Instagram.

  3. #93
    FJRpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Posts
    1,842
    Thanks jellyfish, this is far and away one of the best DIY instruction videos I have ever seen. Well done and thanks for putting these together for us.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

    - Edmund Burke

  4. #94
    Senior Member PharmGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    DIY Xen Sil winter
    Insulation
    WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,631
    Jellyfish - you are amazing!

    Your video was so clear

    It is amazingly helpful to have folks with a deeper sewing background on the forums to show different perspectives!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

  5. #95
    jellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Delaware
    Hammock
    Super Nova
    Tarp
    Winter
    Insulation
    Clews
    Suspension
    Rainbows
    Posts
    2,436
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
    Jellyfish - you are amazing!

    Your video was so clear

    It is amazingly helpful to have folks with a deeper sewing background on the forums to show different perspectives!!



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm glad that you are finding it useful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    My interview on HYOH Podcast.
    Check out my very cool Dutch Oven club.
    Find me on Instagram.

  6. #96
    jellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Delaware
    Hammock
    Super Nova
    Tarp
    Winter
    Insulation
    Clews
    Suspension
    Rainbows
    Posts
    2,436
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRpilot View Post
    Thanks jellyfish, this is far and away one of the best DIY instruction videos I have ever seen. Well done and thanks for putting these together for us.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I am glad that it can maybe help someone design their own quilt.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    My interview on HYOH Podcast.
    Check out my very cool Dutch Oven club.
    Find me on Instagram.

  7. #97
    Senior Member P-Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Ann Arbor MI
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Posts
    702
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    If you are interested in sewing a box-style underquilt with the snap suspension attachment points, FYI I put my pattern and excruciatingly detailed sewing instructions for the box underquilt for the clew (with snaps!!!) online at http://jellyfishreport.blogspot.com/...s-for-box.html

    I'm curious what you will come up with.
    I will go take a look at exactly that! Great motivation, thanks!

  8. #98
    New Member bigryn0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Petal, Ms
    Hammock
    Handmade Diy
    Tarp
    Winter tarp diy
    Insulation
    CostcoUQ/TQ clewed
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Posts
    21
    I was inspired... I have been sitting on 2 Costco quilts, one that already been cut and overstuffed, ready to be made into underquilts. I saw this post and thought that's it. I took it a step further due to the fact that I didn't have but roughly 20 feet of shock cord. I came up with this.
    Which is just braided rope from Lowes. Made my clew 15 inches and finished the other 6 inches off with shock cord...
    Throwed together a snake skin on each end and tied it together with grosgrain loops on the quilt.
    Haven't had a chance to hang in it yet. We will see... What do you guys think?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #99
    jellyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Delaware
    Hammock
    Super Nova
    Tarp
    Winter
    Insulation
    Clews
    Suspension
    Rainbows
    Posts
    2,436
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by bigryn0 View Post
    I was inspired... I have been sitting on 2 Costco quilts, one that already been cut and overstuffed, ready to be made into underquilts. I saw this post and thought that's it. I took it a step further due to the fact that I didn't have but roughly 20 feet of shock cord. I came up with this.
    Which is just braided rope from Lowes. Made my clew 15 inches and finished the other 6 inches off with shock cord...
    Throwed together a snake skin on each end and tied it together with grosgrain loops on the quilt.
    Haven't had a chance to hang in it yet. We will see... What do you guys think?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love
    Love
    Love

    Awesome!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    My interview on HYOH Podcast.
    Check out my very cool Dutch Oven club.
    Find me on Instagram.

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    832
    I'm interested in hearing about a field test with the costco quilt. It has some obvious limitations, being thin and sewn through.

    However, I'm sitting on two of them right now, so if it works, I'm interested in doing the same.

    Please post your results when you get around to it.

    Thanks for pix!

    With your particular project, because of the limited amount of shock cord, probably needs to be a bit shorter to make it snug up. If it doesn't hug against an empty hammock, it needs to be shorter/tighter. Same is true if you are laying in the hammock and can feel any air pockets underneath anywhere. It should be 100% flush with the hammock.

    One thing i'm doing with my quilt is tying a 12" section of regular cord onto the ring, then using that to tie onto the hammock. That way if it needs to be a bit tighter or looser, i just retie the attachment cord. I use this to switch between my outdoor WBBB and my indoor Brazilian hammock which is much longer. Might as well put the quilt to good use when inside too!

  • + New Posts
  • Similar Threads

    1. gathered end hammock with rope ends (clew) and exploration
      By Paprika bohlmann in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 03-12-2014, 00:35
    2. Does anyone have a clew? ;)
      By lijn in forum General Hammock Talk
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 03-07-2014, 14:49
    3. Handy Hundred rope used for a clew (naval hammock)?
      By Paprika bohlmann in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-31-2014, 14:51
    4. Hammock Clew
      By asemery in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 09-02-2012, 22:46
    5. Am I Wrong?
      By southmark in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: 03-01-2010, 18:01

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •