Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Great video

Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    ...I've thought about asking dutch to make me one with a 45 foot CRL, but using a stinger on zing it works just fine and I won't have to manage an extra 15 feet of line each time.
    I put a small spliced eye in the Wasp end of my Dutch CRL; this lets me opt to carry and add a 9' or 20' long 1.75mm Lash-It dog bone extension to my tarp ridge line if I think I might be wrapping around big trees or spanning big gaps. Recently, I used a CRL extension to span this 30-foot gap between anchor points on my desired trees...

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Great video

I put a small spliced eye in the Wasp end of my Dutch CRL; this lets me opt to carry and add a 9' or 20' long 1.75mm Lash-It dog bone extension to my tarp ridge line if I think I might be wrapping around big trees or spanning big gaps. Recently, I used a CRL extension to span this 30-foot gap between anchor points on my desired trees...

I like everyone's ideas for being able to extend the line when necessary. Thanks for those!

Hammock
    WL NightOwl
    Tarp
    Hanger 12
    Insulation
    AHE UQ + UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/DutchBling
    Nice video, and I'm glad I watched it. I'm feeling silly because I was in a hurry when I got my CRL, and setting up way too late at the campsite. I didn't think to wonder why the knots were at the bottoms of the prussics, clipped my tarp on with s-biners, and went on my merry way with hanging everything else. Had I read Dutch's site more carefully, or been inquisitive enough to discover the soft shackles, I could have left those s-biners in my bag. What a great feature!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow #4280
    Insulation
    LocoLibreGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies w spiders
    I have watched a number of videos comparing varying tarp set ups with Dutch bling, and this is one of the best. It covers the pros and cons of each set up well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I agree. He also uses everything flawlessly. If only he was as easy on the eyes as me, I would have a new spokesman
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I agree. He also uses everything flawlessly. If only he was as easy on the eyes as me, I would have a new spokesman
    We can't all be that lucky!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi hanger View Post
    I have watched a number of videos comparing varying tarp set ups with Dutch bling, and this is one of the best. It covers the pros and cons of each set up well.
    Thanks Jedi! I appreciate the positive feedback, I'll keep trying to make them better. I got a better camera for Christmas, along with some good audio equipment, I expect the next video I post to be noticeably better!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow #4280
    Insulation
    LocoLibreGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies w spiders
    It is just that there are so many options when it comes to Dutch bling and tarps. I was wondering what solution would be best for me. It gets harder when you have options like stingers and snake skins with ridge line pockets or continuous ridgelines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi hanger View Post
    It is just that there are so many options when it comes to Dutch bling and tarps. I was wondering what solution would be best for me...
    I absolutely love Stingerz -- I consider them to provide maximum performance with minimum fuss, material, and bulk -- and if I could only have one set-up for stringing my tarp, that would be my choice. That said, when either the trees or the distances between them (or both) get big, the advantages of a Dutch CRL become clear. When the tree diameters and/or span distances get bigger, IMHO it gets marginally more difficult to estimate the effect of adding slack to the Stingerz "V" and there will be a bit more back-and-forth adjusting each end of the tarp. Around typical smaller trees with a 12" diameter hanging an 11-foot tarp, a pair of off-the-shelf Stingerz (each with 12 feet of line) will run out of adjustment at about 19 feet (dog bones to the rescue!), where a Dutch CRL (30 feet) will give you several feet more span or tackle bigger trees over the same distances, as well as give you easier adjustment for centering. The downside is that for typical hang distances that are within the Stingerz range, you have to carry and manage 25% more cord with the Dutch CRL. Not a big deal, but noteworthy.

Both systems have true merit, and I like having both to better fit my kit to my needs and priorities for a particular trip or application. My $0.02...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images
    Nice video!! I'm a knot guy because I'm cheap, it's lighter, and there's nothing to lose. I do keep looking longingly at some of the sexy titanium goodness. Maybe someday.....

Unfortunately, I used 2.2mm zing it when I rigged up all my gear many years ago. A spool was enough for my tarps and a couple of beefy bear bag lines for me and a few friends. I think that line is a little too big to work correctly with the Dutch bling?? When it wears out or I win the lottery I'll upgrade.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast