Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    I did use my seam sealer last night before turning in and Im glad I did. When I got up this morning it was pouring and I had a few small drips on my winter cover from where I missed a few tiny spots. Had I not sealed it, it would have leaked like a siev no doubt. Also, all the panel pulls leaked some too where the sealer didn't get. The panel pulls on the side with the loops to keep your hammock pulled out of the way leaked the most, as I couldn't seal the grosgrain tabs that the loops are sewn to very well at all. The liquid sealer worked great in the places it got a chance to soak in and set. I will have to re do the whole thing when I can take it down and do it right, last night I just did it kinda quick with it already up so I'm sure that didn't help at all. Any ideas for sealing the panel pulls ? Or tips for re sealing the RL ? Thanks!!
    Isopropyl alcohol will help you clean it up (rubbing alcohol). It doesn't take too much to get it off. Then I like to lay mine on a flat surface, or hang it like it would be hung in the field. Then do the seams with he McNett Seam Grip, with the enclosed brush. I do the same on the pull outs as well.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Awesome thanks. I know what Im gonna be doing this weekend lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 END MODS
    Insulation
    Lynx /FlightJacket
    Suspension
    nylon straps
    Nice, Chesapeake!
    I think you'll enjoy that.
    By the way, I love your view of the bay. Makes me wanna put tall posts in my Carolina Skiff, and hang my Ridgerunner out there... Set a few crab pots, and kick back...
    Regards, Ted.

"What's the best gift you can give a kid?
    Happily married parents!"

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Hammock IN a boat? Talk about good sleep! Now my brain is really turning !! I wonder if I could.....

IMG_20161212_165120_hdr.jpg
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Hammock IN a boat? Talk about good sleep! Now my brain is really turning !! I wonder if I could.....
    Oh you can. It's been done in many ways.
    http://odditymall.com/hammocraft-hammock-boat
    http://auggernaut.com/2012/08/floating-porch-swing/

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    That's a nice tarp. Huge! Thanks for the review.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yw. Yeah Im loving it so far. Once I got my RL to not leak I was golden lol. I just get almost a constant wind off of the water it seems when the temps drop and as you could see in the vid, any way I put my rig up it faces the water. So doors in the winter are gonna be a must for me. The typhoon with my XLC just didn't give good coverage at all due to the asym of the tarp and different angles of the hammock compared to a HH. My shelf was sticking out and the " doors" didn't work well BC of the extreme height of the foot end suspension and bigger size of the XLC. My Snugpak was great untill the wind starts whipping, then it drives right into my UQ it seems. But most of the time at home I'm gonna hang in the boat house I think. I'll save my tarp and I can cheat and plug in the mini ceramic heater I got from Walmart the other day for $10. Its small enough to put on the tote next to my hammock to warm up the air right by my head but not hot enough to hurt the delicate hammock and UQ materials. Plus I can kinda " pre heat " it a little and really cheat some lol. Why not right? The night it got down to 2° my buff slid down off of my nose and when I woke up it felt like an ice pick was rammed up there from breathing the super cold air in my nose for 8 hrs lol. After that I ordered a Balaclava and got the heater lol. And the other night I REALLY cheated and added those hand warmers that have the little sticky part on the back for sticking them to the bottom of your sock under your toes lol. Plus the down booties I just got off of eBay for $20, ill NEVER be cold again lol.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12