HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    This is my goto winter tarp. Love the OMW and I think it will hold up to anything nature throws at it as long as the trees are still standing.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Thanks for the quick shipping as usual Dutch. I'm really liking the reflect it and reflective shock cord too. Eventually I wanna add tarp worms as you suggested to make it even easier to tie out, but for now this way works great. I can actually see my lines now AND have the shock cord loops for tension at the same time. I proly should have ordered a longer piece of reflect it BC I ran out by the time I was ready to do the panel pulls, so I used masons line doubled. Larks headed to one pull and tied to the other, then I just put my pole in the middle and ran my reflect it from that to my stake. Works great and to adjust it, I move the pole in or out for more or less tension on the panel pulls. The CRL great too and so simple to use. But yeah, I definetly like this tarp and can't wait to really get some rainy nights underneath it.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Thanks for the quick shipping as usual Dutch. I'm really liking the reflect it and reflective shock cord too. Eventually I wanna add tarp worms as you suggested to make it even easier to tie out, but for now this way works great. I can actually see my lines now AND have the shock cord loops for tension at the same time. I proly should have ordered a longer piece of reflect it BC I ran out by the time I was ready to do the panel pulls, so I used masons line doubled. Larks headed to one pull and tied to the other, then I just put my pole in the middle and ran my reflect it from that to my stake. Works great and to adjust it, I move the pole in or out for more or less tension on the panel pulls. The CRL great too and so simple to use. But yeah, I definetly like this tarp and can't wait to really get some rainy nights underneath it.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Here's my video review. Its my first one ever, so bare with me lol. I kinda rambbled a little bit, but you'll get the picture. I also go over my current set up a little and how and where I've been hanging since its gotten cold. Hope you enjoyl

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I just checked the weather and it said rain tonight, yay! Although, it didn't look like its been seam sealed. Should I be worried? I do have some liquid seam sealer I could use in a pinch if I had to tonight before it starts raining.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Nice! Get out and enjoy it! If there's rain in the forecast, go try it out, if it leaks head inside and wait for a nice day to do some seam sealing. I would make sure to use a good quality seam sealer, otherwise it could flake off pretty easily.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Nice set up. Heard nothing but good things about OMW.

FYI- You might have noticed already, but your wasp is not locked. Just pull a loop around the tail/stinger end and it's locked. Kinda surprised it didn't slip on ya when you tensioned it.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    Nice set up. Heard nothing but good things about OMW.

FYI- You might have noticed already, but your wasp is not locked. Just pull a loop around the tail/stinger end and it's locked. Kinda surprised it didn't slip on ya when you tensioned it.
    Oh wow thanks! I thought I did but it must have slipped off.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I did use my seam sealer last night before turning in and Im glad I did. When I got up this morning it was pouring and I had a few small drips on my winter cover from where I missed a few tiny spots. Had I not sealed it, it would have leaked like a siev no doubt. Also, all the panel pulls leaked some too where the sealer didn't get. The panel pulls on the side with the loops to keep your hammock pulled out of the way leaked the most, as I couldn't seal the grosgrain tabs that the loops are sewn to very well at all. The liquid sealer worked great in the places it got a chance to soak in and set. I will have to re do the whole thing when I can take it down and do it right, last night I just did it kinda quick with it already up so I'm sure that didn't help at all. Any ideas for sealing the panel pulls ? Or tips for re sealing the RL ? Thanks!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast