AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by WyoBowhunter21 View Post
    Are they 1S or 3S? I have it in the cart to buy but wasn't sure which season.
    The in stock ones are 3 season.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    FOX Outfitters Single Layer
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    AHE Top, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    The in stock ones are 3 season.
    Awesome. Just purchase prototype 2!!! So stoked.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Hello Paul, Good looking TQ's, I checked the In Stock page but couldn't find the specs.= insulation/ inner& outer fabrics on these two TQ as well as available options? thanks
    lee
    Specs are on the main store pages for the White Cloud, under the KAQ category section. The In stock one is a long, in red as pictured.

We use the same fabric for all of our quilts, inside and out. It's a 30D 1.1 calendared DWR treated First quality made in the USA Ripstop...actually all of the quilt, every part is made in the USA.

Any other specs you want let me know.
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I took the plunge on Prototype 1! Looking forward to testing it out!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Thanks gentleman. Both Prototypes are sold and will ship out tomorrow.

The $15 introductory price runs until Friday end of business day.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Hey Paul, on the description page you spelled design "desighn". You may want to fix that.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    Paul,

First, we just took our 3 season Jarbidges down to < 15F and were good with a few extra steps (layers, hot water bottle, etc). Thanks for a great trip!

We are still in 0 Mummies and I am looking at top quilt options. So I think the difference between White Cloud and Owyhee is mostly in the foot box? More room, goes higher? Am I missing anything else?

Also, I am thinking better to go with colder TQ that you can vent rather than 3 season if we like to hang out in the white stuff...

Thanks again for a great product.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless -n- Summer Sock
    Tarp
    Superfly / Noah 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, blubber
    Suspension
    Cinch -n- Whoopie
    And hey, could we get a family photo? The Owyhee, White Cloud, Jarbidge and New River in their respective stuff sacks. Maybe with a nalgene water bottle? You include the weight which is most helpful and I love how my Jarbidge gives in the pack, easy to get stuff in and around it. But a better idea on sizing would be great.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    You are correct that the main difference is the foot box design.

The Owyhee that we have ben making since early 2010 and is one of our original additions to the KAQ line is made with a draw cord cinch end (its done with elastic so it has some give) but basically it closes up just like a stuff sack. Running up about 2 foot from that end is 2 strips of Omni Tape Velcro to close up the sides around the back of the legs. With that systole quilt you can easily open the end partially to vent and hang out a foot or undo the omni tape and lay the quilt flat like a blanket for warm night.

Here is a photo looking at the Owyhee foot box from the end with it bottom side up. So this would be as if a person were face down head away from us...bottom of feet would be towards us and toes down. You can see the cord lock in the center of the photo to hold the cinch end tight, and the black strips up the center are where the Omni Tape runs up for about 2 foot along the center back of the legs area.

s932653837630755068_p314_i12_w2448.jpg

The White cloud is more similar to how the foot of a regular sleeping bag is formed. There is a top panel and a foot panel of material and insulation that are sewn together internally to form a pocket without having a doubled seam...It's all down internally in the structure of the quilt....so that makes it reversible and does not leave a bulky lump around the edges. The top of the foot side panel has an elastic band running across it internally to help draw the edge in around your legs so that it holds in heat better than if it were just flat. The pocket is about 2 foot deep so it comes up high on most folks calfs to the back of the knees. You can vent easily by pulling a foot out if you need as the top edge does not restrict movement in and out of the foot box. It's cut wide in that angular way so that you can lay comfortably side or back with your knees bent, or your feet splayed out.

Here is a view of the White Clouds foot box. This is with the quilt bottom side up and the top edge of the photo would be the area where the bottom of your feet would be in the quilt. You can see the gathering that the elastic does in the top edge of the lip of the foot pocket and the shape of the end of the quilt that is very roomy......any size foot will comfortably fit.

s932653837630755068_p608_i25_w2560.jpg

Packed size wise all of the full length quilts....New River, Owyhee, Potomac and the White Cloud all pack into the same size stuff sack...On our site with the stuff sacks you can see measurements full size for our quilts is the #4. The Partial length quilts...Jarbidge & Ridge Creek and 1 season full lengths will pack into the same #3 size....for a side by side check out the Care and Cleaning Video on the How To Videos page. It shows the New River next to a Jarbidge but agin all the same size stuff sack. The Owyhee and the White Cloud so far are coming out within 1 ounce of each other with the tip to the White Cloud being just a touch lighter.

That footbox is pretty sweet, I like that design a lot.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast