Hammock
    Netless + Bottom Entry net
    Tarp
    Rectangle

Double Layer Down Throw Underquilt

Finished a double layer modular under quilt using 2 of the Sam's Club down throws.

Ripped horizontal seams. Cut one long section from the inner quilt to ensure the outer layer is wider and doesn't get compressed. I used the cut off piece to make snap on draft collars for the inner layer. The outer layer has the baffles offset so the sewn through places are misaligned to prevent cold spots. The outer layer can also be removed for warmer weather. I'm 5'9" and the quilt covers from my neck to my ankles.

It has a good 3+ in of loft even when snuggled up against the hammock. I managed to get the 2 layers to lightly touch without compressing. I'm not sure on the temp rating, but comparing it side by side with my 6oz climashield quilt it seems about as warm, but it's hard to tell indoors. I'm guessing it will easily get me to 30 degrees.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Finished up a similar booster for my WLSS 3/4 UQ by Wilderness Logic last week using the Kohl's down throw. I had previously made a TQ booster. It was good down to 32° layered over the UQ. Felt like it could make it maybe into the upper 20°s with my Frogg Togg UQ protector. Just folded in half with the overlap offset by 1/2 of a square. Attached plastic snaps on the sides and head end of both the UQ and the booster. Gained about 15" on the footend length. Still fiddling with the footend suspension. Overall very impressed with the boosters.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-throw-booster
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Netless + Bottom Entry net
    Tarp
    Rectangle
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    Finished up a similar booster for my WLSS 3/4 UQ by Wilderness Logic last week using the Kohl's down throw. I had previously made a TQ booster. It was good down to 32° layered over the UQ. Felt like it could make it maybe into the upper 20°s with my Frogg Togg UQ protector. Just folded in half with the overlap offset by 1/2 of a square. Attached plastic snaps on the sides and head end of both the UQ and the booster. Gained about 15" on the footend length. Still fiddling with the footend suspension. Overall very impressed with the boosters.
    I like your design to boost an existing quilt. That seems like an excellent and economical way to boost a quilt with minimal modification to the existing one.

I'm pleasantly pleased with how this project turned out. It even fits my hammock better than my full length Climashield quilt. I'm also finishing work on a sort of multipurpose UQ-protector/gear-hammock/hammock-chair... That will compliment this quilt nicely and get me into the low 30*s with proper sleepwear. I also will be able to use just one layer and it should compress enough to go with me for day hikes when its a bit to chilly to go without anything underneath.

• + New Posts