Tarp
    Winter Dream Vs. 2
    Insulation
    Yeti 3 Season
    Suspension
    Whoopie w/ Biner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    I don't feel right holding someone's tarp up by going out for pictures when you've already waited so long for it. Also, we're due for a couple feet of snow today and tomorrow - not the best conditions for a nice photo shoot.
    Scott, first off congratulations...The site is great...

Secondly, I know that I have a tarp coming soon, and you can take any pictures you want.. I am in no hurry to get mine yet.. I am still on a DIY Hammock and waiting for my HH from ZQ so I have time..

Thank you again for your great business practices..

"dirt"
    “Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become bigger, fatter, shinier acorns; but that is of interest only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better: that we can become oak trees.”

E. F. Schumacher

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Scott:
    I want to thank you for making my Winter Dream for me. It is an exceptional piece of gear. As it has already been stated, I will say it again, you attention to detail is outstanding and your people skills are great when it comes to figuring out exactly what we the customers are seeking in a specialized tarp. I need to get my tarp seam sealed and I will get pictures out to you as soon as possible. My first attempt at seam sealing failed miserably and thanks to the great folks here on HF I will be able to rectify this problem this coming week. Again, thank you for the great tarp!
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird Dbl 1.7
    Tarp
    BWD four season
    Insulation
    Perfect Trees
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I got a four season tarp from Scott and he did a GREAT job!!!! (and quick responses to questions and fast shipping).
    Go Dawgs!!!!

Bobby

Hammock
    wbbb dl 1.7
    Tarp
    Oes maccat deluxe
    Insulation
    WB yeti
    Suspension
    webbing,c-buckles
    scott you did an awesome job on my 4 season a couple of months ago and i absolutely love it! the only problem that i have with you is that i got my tarp from you before you came out with that sweet looking winter dream v2.(just a note to all you other hf members, i originally was going to do a diy tarp and had posted questions on hf. scott contacted me and answered a bunch of my questions. he even offered to share instructions and his patterns with me. for the price i definetely couldnt have gone wrong with the choice i made in the end of buying my tarp from scott. what a great guy!) scott you the man!

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe 2Q's MOD 3
    Tarp
    Large HH Tarp
    Insulation
    XL 3in self inflat
    Suspension
    Whoopiesling/strap

May your blessings be great

Your reputation is stellar! Best wishes for the coming years Tom

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Hey Scott, I set up my Winter Dream V2 in my backyard last week and was super impressed with the workmanship and design. I wish I had taken some pictures. It's really nice to have a quality tarp vendor on the Forums who is accessible to his customers, provides outstanding service and produces innovative designs. I will not hesitate to refer people over to you for future tarp needs.

BTW, isn't it time for BDG to have their own forum category?
    Last edited by drewboy; 01-03-2010 at 10:35. Reason: Added comment on BDG forum

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    I really enjoy all the cottage gear makers here on the Forums. When I get gear from them I feel good about it. I'm supporting an American company, I'm getting gear that the person who designed and made it is passionate about and therefore getting great quality for the money. I have on my radar to get more gear from the vendors here, as soon as the budget allows. I especially like how the gear tends to evolve from our wish lists of features into reality since the vendor is right here as one of us. I loves my Warbonnet BlackBird, my speer sungfit, my MacPack. I want a Switchback, and a topquilt from JRB and I'm sure I'll find more that I want as the vendors here keep innovating. I'm in line for my WinterDream now. With the new color it will be 'bout perfect I'm sure.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Thanks so much everyone, I appreciate your kind words.

Here's an image (of very poor quality and coloring) of a few colors. The flash on my phone washed out the Gray pretty badly, but the Treebark and Black are pretty close.

Gray is the standard color and I think offers the optimal amount of light in (lets face it, there are just too many times where you're stuck under the tarp for a good part of the day).

Black is just plain cool. I've got a couple special orders in Black right now and will be putting those together shorty... those are going to look sweet.

The "Treebark" is a new color my supplier just came out with (as previously mentioned) and won't be available until later this month... but if it passes all my waterproofing tests I have a feeling it will be the new color of choice at BDG. Good news on this one is that the price will be the same as the Gray.

Quote Originally Posted by ltruelove View Post
    the only problem that i have with you is that i got my tarp from you before you came out with that sweet looking winter dream v2.
    I know, I know. I'm sorry. But I'm afraid that you won't be the only one. New and innovative ideas are always coming down the pike and I'm always trying to improve the system and design.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I need to get me a white tarp, for super secret reasons that I'm not talking about just yet

Scott,

I know we are still kicking some ideas around for my custom colored tarp - I wanted to ask you if you are going to offer any other fabric choices . . . i.e. cuben or spinn ul?

Thanks and best of luck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast