Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    To be sure, it is an easy DIY mod. Just putting my 2cents out there. I know for certain, several of my family members want to be able "close off " the outside world for a bit, mostly to keep younger siblings from haranguing them while they read or nap. Lol That and DIY mods are not something folks dropping 3 bills on a hammock want to hear about. Those of us industrious enough to research on HF, make our own stuff, for us, a no brainer, but as a feature on a $200-$300 hammock, figured I'd speak up as a voice from the grass roots community as it were.

As we knew it would be... standing by for many slick options and mods to come.

Enough of my money heads to the rolling hills of Amish country, so much at times it really ought to be a household budget item. I'm feeling a Spring MAHHA raffle thing happening, just saying.

See, I really didn't think of that. Wasn't sure how that played w/ the left/right lay part of the setup. If I'm head right for example, can I flip flop the top and have the vent at either end? There's no asym cut happening? Now I have to go back and watch the video more closely.

I still want a 'closable' window feature just because I think it's a bees knees kind of option that helps differentiate the product In the market.

Forgo chicken and ribs, ha! The duece you say!
    The cool thing is that you can flip it over, inside out, switch head ends..whatever. The way it is cut and the zipper design make it possible. Makes this easy to do.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    In place of or until a factory option becomes available to close off the top cover (understanding that the reversible design means the inside surface of the cover is sometimes the outside), it seems like an easy task for the enterprising DIYer to retrofit a vent closure. I was thinking about the KAM snaps that you recommended to me for a recent project as the perfect way to add a removable flap over the mesh that wouldn't disrupt the integrity of the top cover or interfere with its reversal for an opposite lay.
    That seems like it would work for your DIY cover, but if you flip a Chameleon cover the vent cover would be on the outside. I think. It would still work, just not as convenient to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
    There is a fully enclosed top cover in the works
    Well, there you go!
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Caminante View Post
    That seems like it would work for your DIY cover, but if you flip a Chameleon cover the vent cover would be on the outside. I think. It would still work, just not as convenient to get to.
    Yes, you're correct, and I thought of that too; I figured one could just put snaps in pairs in either direction at the corners and the midpoints of the long sides to allow the same vent closure flap to work on either surface of the top cover.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

I wish that Dutch had just gone ahead and put mini-blinds on it. I mean, it has everything else.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I wish that Dutch had just gone ahead and put mini-blinds on it. I mean, it has everything else.
    ROFL
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Haha. Well played.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Hexon wide version in the works?
    Show of Life Media Youtube Channel

The Carolinas Backpackpacker Chronicles

I'm drawn to the open country. Its where the world makes the most sense. When I put myself out there I always return with something new.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SF and WL TP
    Insulation
    UGQ & HG
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Only other thing I can think of that'd make this even more versatile is if there was a way to make it convertible from GE style to a bridge hammock. Not entirely sure how something like that would work, but it'd be a neat feature. Nevertheless, love the design, and I will be ordering the Chameleon when finances grant me the opportunity. Awesome product, and I'm blown away seeing how well the Kickstarter campaign is going.
    Scarecrow on Instagram

"If somebody tells you there's a rule, break it. That's the only thing that moves things forward."
    -Hans Zimmer

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    Hexon wide version in the works?

Back on page 2 or 3 some one ask what the length the hammock was and this was Dutch's response:

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    They are 11 foot long and 58 wide. We don't plan on making a 10 foot version so there won't be confusion in the future about what top fits what bottom.
    I have a feeling they are going to keep the same width for the same reason as there won't be a shorter version.
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

And changed my pledge to the whole thing. Congrats Dutch. This shows that quality and good customer service breeds success.

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast