Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

Introducing the Chameleon at Dutchwaregear.com

So it is a big day for me. I have been working for a long time on the Chameleon and today is the day.

First off I am launching it on Kickstarter. Why Kickstarter? I already know there will be some critics and some people don't like crowd funding and I certainly don't want to make that the topic of discussion on here. I have had good and bad experiences on Kickstarter and I hopefully will be able to alleviate any fears by being a reputable vendor and someone who will follow through and not drag out promises for months. I have two goals in mind with Kickstarter, first one is be able to stock all the different components so you can order this hammock and all its components and they will ship out immediately. That has been my business model all along and I want to keep with that tradition. However I want you to be able to buy a blue Hexon 1.0 body and a Dark Olive ARGON 90 top cover and have it ship within 24 hours. This hammocks enables that to happen. Also you can buy a Body now, get the bugnet when the bugs come out, and if you decide this winter to brave the cold, you can get the top cover and it will fit. That is one of the beauties of this system that is based on the patent pending zipper. You can have a body with a net and a top cover, but your friend wants to hang so all you have to do is buy another body. All the components will be interchangeable. In order to do that I need to stock and overwhelming amount of product. This will be good for everyone in the long run and mass producing these will make them more affordable. The second reason I want to launch on Kickstarter is I want to hit a broader audience. There is a whole world out there that doesn't know what Dutchware is and unless you are on HF you have no idea what Dutch Bling is. There are companies such as ENO and Kammock that don't have near the product line I have. I think my products including this hammock are top notch and TOS prevent me from making those comparisons. They do something much better than I do though and that is marketing. You will see I put a lot into professional video and animated graphics for this product. I want to hit the weekend warrior that doesn't spend a lot of time researching and just want to try hammock camping. There is a huge amount of people on HF and believe me, your support has been very humbling. This will always be my first love. It is time to start acting like the big boys market like they do. This will reach so many more people.

So what does the Chameleon do...
    I wanted to make it completely modular. You can buy a body today and a top cover next winter and it will fit. I put a lot of thought into how to accessorize it later so it can be the one hammock that will work in every circumstances. There will be organizers, bottle holders, and peak lofts. You can get grey body today and and blue top cover because you are a Dallas Cowboy fan and if you decide next year you are a Raiders fan, you can replace the top with a black top. You can buy as little as you need today and expand it as your needs change.

Adapts to your environment. They way the top flips over you don't have a dedicated direction that you have to lay. This is really important if you want two hammocks side by side. You can go without a top to be light, take a bugnet, or if the weather is cold take a top cover. You can have a light weight body for hiking and a heavy duty one for car camping that use the same tops. Everything is modular so you can assemble just what you need for the kind of hammock camping experience you want.

Patent pending Beetle Buckles- I wanted a new buckle system for this hammock. One that is easy to use and would work with a spreader bar. It is designed much like the cinch bug suspension but it is much easier to operate and receives a spreader bar. If you want to hang two hammocks side by side on the same trees all you have to do is add a spreader bar. If you get mad at each other during a hike, then the hammocks will work fine independently. Try to be the one that packs the tarp.

There are many more features of this hammock, we put together a good vid to explain them for you. We have two patents on the components of this hammock .The Kickstarter page had a great deal of information.

Thank you everybody for your support, now and over the years. This has gone from being a hobby, to a passion, to a business and I have so many of you to thank.

The first 100 backers will get their hammocks sent out by March 1st!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...k-by-dutchware
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    great timing and tidings to all, thanks Dutch for all you do for the hammock community. I'm happy for you to try and step out into the mainstream market. I believe the community and vendors here will all benefit from your increased exposure. The rising tide lifts all boats right? Good luck with your attempt to reach a wider audience.
    Last edited by Kroma; 01-16-2017 at 09:22.

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm starting to not like you! Just when I thought I was happy with everything the way I have it and THAN along comes Dutch! Where's my credit card hid?

Hammock
    10' 1.0 dh darien
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Incu-Sniv-Pepper
    Suspension
    All of 'em
    Looks great Dutch, best of luck with your launch!!

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Pledged

(I can't believe I knew about this Kickstarter campaign weeks in advance and still was only backer #5! Four people signed up in the time it took me to type in my account and payment information. Best of luck, Dutch. Thanks for all of your ingenuity and hard work...)
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Wow, it's just what I hoped for and better than expected! Great job on the video also!
    If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Outstanding! Good job Dutch!

Hammock
    currently hammeck envy
    Tarp
    superfly, tadpole
    Insulation
    phnx,zepp,jbrdge
    Suspension
    straps, hammock an
    Quick question or two dutch, what are the dimensions if everything is interchangeable then there must be a set of standard dimensions also if you pledge now do u get complete system or piece by piece as aquire stock? And lastly what is the weight limit of your new suspension?
    It's not the boulders that throw us off balance, it's the pebbles beneath our feet

Hammock
    DW Chameleon 1.6 Wide
    Tarp
    HG CF3 WP+pole mod
    Insulation
    LL Habanero
    Suspension
    DW Beetle buckle
    Is it just me, or does the "Cold Weather Chameleon Early Bird" reward include everything that the "Complete Chameleon Early Bird" and "Complete Chameleon" include?

Alas, I suspect that was a copy/paste typo, and the "Cold Weather Chameleon Early Bird" doesn't actually include the detachable bugnet.

Dutch is nearly famous. I knew him when....

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast