Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    For future reference also check for a nick/burr anywhere on the machine that the thread touches- these can be removed if found.

Is that the sheath of the thread stripping from the core? I've seen that with Gutermann Mara 70 when my needle is too small. A 90/14 needle usually works great, but when I'm going through lots of fabric/webbing/foam it seems like the 90/14 doesn't make a big enough hole and the sheath gets stripped off the core of the thread. Moving to a 100/16 fixes it.

If it's just jumbled up, I'd agree that there's some kind of tension issue.
    Caminante, son tus huellas el camino y nada más... - Antonio Machado

I always wanted a machining like that when I was a kid. It has been really my dream when I was a preteen

I never got one because my parents never really had the money for one. They worked really hard all their lives and love them very much. But right now I am a successful RN and I have been working really hard. I now have a Singer 4233 at home and am currently trying to learn how to sew. I always wanted to know how to do that and since I am planing to have children soon I feel like it is an important skill to have. Since no one of my friends know how to sew I have to start looking for information online. I recently found a really cool website that has a lot of articles with tips for newbies like for example how to thread a singer machine or loading a bobbin. Honestly there are a lot of good tips over there. I am very happy and hopefully I will be able to sew something decent soon enough.

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    I doubt it will make a difference but your machine was built when they had thread that was side-wound (stacked), i.e., it's put on the spool to come off at a right angle. Modern machines are cross-wound and they are designed to have the thread come off the top of the spool. You'll notice that all modern machines have the spool holder parallel to the machine.

I suppose you may be having some incompatiblity between the spool and the machine. I've solved this by using a separate spool holder that's adjustable (and will support huge thread spools) so the thread comes off the top but goes through loops to exit out sideways.

Also, do you have some felt on your spool holder to allow the spool to turn easily?

Or maybe your machine just didn't like the spool of thread ;-)

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by allyssagrey93 View Post
    ... I now have a Singer 4233 at home and am currently trying to learn how to sew. ... Since no one of my friends know how to sew I have to start looking for information online. ...
    Be sure to check out Jellyfish's videos (she's a member here) with lots of great information on how to successfully stitch these slippery fabrics we use.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12