Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing

WTB: Digital Camera!

I'm looking for a lightweight camera or camcorder to take on the PCT with me. I'd rather look for used before I jump on a new, expensive model. Recommendations welcome! I'm not too sure what to look for when it comes to cameras for a big trip. Thanks!
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Hammock
    WBBB, Switchback 1.9 SL & 1.9 DL
    Tarp
    BDWD, AE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Webbing & Rings
    Battery life will be one of the most important things. Some use off-the-shelf, like AA's and some use a proprietary battery. AA's are easiest and cheapest to purchase but don't last as long. Proprietary batteries can be expensive and require a proprietary charger.

Picture quality will be another issue but even the least expensive cameras take nice photos, depending on your taste or requirements.

Memory is really no longer an issue with today's 4, 8, and larger GB cards. You do want a camera that uses one of the common formats, SD, CF, etc.

I have done well on Ebay, but you have to educate yourself and know what you are bidding, as well as who you are purchasing it from. If you find something that interest you, check out the internet price on that specific model at a few of the online sales, such as B&H Photo They often have used ones as well. I will only purchase on Ebay if there is a significant savings 25%+.
    Last edited by Scottybdiving; 01-11-2010 at 12:14.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    SWT+full ridgeline
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-season
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    Olympus makes some nice set-ups that are shockproof and waterproof...always handy features. Also, check out StickPic for a unique monopod mount for your camera. I've used the video recording mode on my Nikon CoolPix with the StickPic and a Gorillapod wrapped around the handle of my hiking pole to get some of those "Survivorman" perspective shots. The images are surprisingly steady and the angle of the StickPic lends itself to well-centered shots.
    Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand - Robert Hunter

Formerly 'TroutEhCuss'
    Hammock
    12' DIY 1.9 Ripstop Grn/HamMike RL
    Tarp
    12'x11' DIY Navy
    Insulation
    3/4 UQ Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckle
    Images
    Definitely get one that uses AA's! I had nothing but problems using the "special" batteries sold by the camera manufactors.

• + New Posts