Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Hammock for couple

Hello,
    Me and my gf like to experiment and we have decided to try this summer something new. When I was searching on internet for ideas, I found hammocks.
    Both of us are excited to try it. Made a little research and basically what I found is that we can get 2 hammocks or 1 bigger but I'm not sure if it's comfortable.
    Since I can't decide which one would be the best, I'm asking for your suggestions or real life experiences. Thanks!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Very few folks sleep 2 people in one hammock all night...despite the propensity of some manufactures to use the term Double Hammock in reference to capacity. If the 2 of you can sleep all night squeezed very tightly together and neither of you minds being completely woken up every time either of you has to move in the slightest let alone get up and out of the hammock then maybe you will be ok. But otherwise hanging 2 hammocks works better for most folks. The ability to turn over and lay on your other side or your back or stretch your legs out when you need to makes actual sleeping in a hammock on your own better for most. Some do ok and you kinda gotta try it and see for your selves what your comfortable with. My wife and I can snuggle for an hour or so then we need our own space.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    About the only viable two-person hammocks are Clarks:

https://www.junglehammock.com/catego...rson-Hammocks/

Unfortunately, they need three trees, which may not always be possible to find.

The Dutch Chameleon uses a spreader bar at the head end to keep two hammocks separate. I like this idea because you can just use two trees.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...h-Spreader-Bar

For most of the other hammocks that advertise a two-person capability (ENO comes to mind), it's not very comfortable. After 15 or 20 minutes, you'll both sink to the middle and won't enjoy it.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

The vertex is very nice. It's not hard to find 3 trees that work for it. It could also be hung on two trees with a spreader bar at the head end.
    I got one for my wife and myself. I liked it a lot but we found out that my wife gets a little motion sick staying in a hammock all night. So it's not going to work out for us and I'll be regrettably selling ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by janojebo View Post
    Hello,
    Me and my gf like to experiment and we have decided to try this summer something new. When I was searching on internet for ideas, I found hammocks.
    Both of us are excited to try it. Made a little research and basically what I found is that we can get 2 hammocks or 1 bigger but I'm not sure if it's comfortable.
    Since I can't decide which one would be the best, I'm asking for your suggestions or real life experiences. Thanks!
    If you really want to sleep together then the Clark Vertex is the only way to go imo.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Yep, Clark Hammocks has a wonderful double that would be my choice if I had to have 1 hammock for 2 people. It's basically 2 hammocks joined by a "shelf" the full length.

Other than that, I would just get 2 hammocks and share the foot end and connect head end to different trees. I did this with my daughter this past weekend at HangCon 2017 using my tarp for both hammocks.

The other choice is connect the hammocks on opposite sides of same 2 trees and use a bar to separate the 2 hammocks at the head end. You will both feel the motion any time either hanger moves or gets in/out of hammock. The best part is you have your separate hammocks in case only one of you go camping or the trees are not optimum.

Good luck finding your best options.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Just my opinion and worth what you pay for it. I would go with two hammocks one good size hex tarp and get those cool whoopie hooks from Dutch that uses a spreader bar. That way you have options, and hanging double from same tree about like sleeping next to each other but way more comfortable.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...k-by-dutchware
    https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/0..._h264_high.mp4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiTheKp-E6c

Pledge $395 or more

Bug Free Double Chameleon

Need a bug free setup for you and a friend or spouse? This is the deal for you. Includes spreader bar for a great 2 person hang. Retail $445

INCLUDES:
    2× Chameleon Hammock
    2× Detachable Bugnet
    2× 15ft Dyneema/Poly Straps (Pair)
    4× Amsteel Continuous Loops
    2× Beetle Buckle Hardware (Pair)
    4× DutchWare Carabiners
    2× Sticker
    Spreader Bar Pole
    ESTIMATED DELIVERY
    Apr 2017
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 01-25-2017 at 00:57.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    My wife and I hang double using the Dutch Double Whoopie Hooks and spreader bar. You don't have to get two Chameleons to hang double, we use simple table cloth hammocks.

Here's a short video of our setup at Three Forks on the AT last year:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzS-ZQChn7U

Buying the Clark Vertex or two Chameleons is certainly an option, but they are expensive ones. HYOH!

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I will say this: While my wife and I sleep in separate hammocks when we go camping, my friend and his wife sleep together in one standard, homemade, gathered end hammock.

It's possible, just rare.

I say try it but do so where you can easily switch to two hammocks if it doesn't work out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast