Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jons4real View Post
    watching tv in the house THAT IS AWSOME!!!
    it's the only way to go ......
    unless the show it boring,
    then it's nap time!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL, Several DIYs
    Tarp
    10x10 Granite Gear
    Insulation
    HammockGear Burrow
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images

ENO Single Ridgeline

Has anyone found a good length RL for an ENO Single? While testing in my garage, I was having trouble finding anything that worked. With a comfortable lay, my RL would go slack. Once I shortened it enough to have tension, it seemed a little too banana style. It seems like my Single is too narrow for a RL...

I'm a newby to these forums so I'm hoping this is the correct thread to post my question. I have used a net hammock for a lot of years just for an afternoon snooze. I needed a new tent so I decided to check out a better hammock system. I bought 2 ENO's Single Nest my wife hasn't tried her's yet but I have mine in our backyard. I'm a side sleeper and I can't get comfy in my ENO. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to pull the hammock as tight as I can get it. I have watched professor hammock video's on you tube and subscribed to his channel, I have looked through these forums and I am starting to think I might need a "Bridge Hammock", I have the ENO, I don't want to put more money into another hammock. I also don't want to measure and cut my SN I like the extra material, I'm using all stock stuff, I bought the entire system, is there any way to mod this hammock into more of a bridge hammock hybrid of some sort? I love my hammock, but I can't sleep in it, I even decided to buy another tent and my last few trips I slept in that, it's a 4.5 pound tent. I didn't know about these forums at the time. I was wondering if I took the end ropes out and set up the suspension like a bridge hammock if that might work better, I use treking poles so I've got those, I'm not good at moding stuff so I need something simple. Thanks for any help or advise, I'm really getting disappointed and discouraged, not to mentioned the waist of money on these things.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    I was severely disappointed when I read after post #41, that the train stories never materialized.

In fact, because there are so many posts already about ENO modifications, Widerstand should be penalized for starting a new one. His penance should be start the new thread on Hammocks & Trains.

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by muddog15 View Post
    I'm a newby to these forums so I'm hoping this is the correct thread to post my question. I have used a net hammock for a lot of years just for an afternoon snooze. I needed a new tent so I decided to check out a better hammock system. I bought 2 ENO's Single Nest my wife hasn't tried her's yet but I have mine in our backyard. I'm a side sleeper and I can't get comfy in my ENO. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to pull the hammock as tight as I can get it. I have watched professor hammock video's on you tube and subscribed to his channel, I have looked through these forums and I am starting to think I might need a "Bridge Hammock", I have the ENO, I don't want to put more money into another hammock. I also don't want to measure and cut my SN I like the extra material, I'm using all stock stuff, I bought the entire system, is there any way to mod this hammock into more of a bridge hammock hybrid of some sort? I love my hammock, but I can't sleep in it, I even decided to buy another tent and my last few trips I slept in that, it's a 4.5 pound tent. I didn't know about these forums at the time. I was wondering if I took the end ropes out and set up the suspension like a bridge hammock if that might work better, I use treking poles so I've got those, I'm not good at moding stuff so I need something simple. Thanks for any help or advise, I'm really getting disappointed and discouraged, not to mentioned the waist of money on these things.
    yup, too bad you didn't find these forums sooner! and you'll see most have gone from the single to the double nest asap. In the double you can lay at an angle and that really flattens things out. Use plenty of sag though. I still use my double eno almost everyday in my house but I've upgraded to a blackbird for my camping. Like many here, I got a thread injector (sewing machine) and made my own mods. It's lots of fun designing and testing your own gear! I modified a summer weight sleeping bag into an underquilt that worked out great! My stitching is horrible, but it works. The UQ I can use on both the blackbird and eno, cool huh? As for your single eno, it's not a waste and you'll find uses for it. I watch tv in mine all the time! though I tend to fall asleep a lot, oops. Anyway, it's all a learning experience but now that you're here you'll get ramped up to speed quickly! Welcome to the Hammock Forums!

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    I was severely disappointed when I read after post #41, that the train stories never materialized.

In fact, because there are so many posts already about ENO modifications, Widerstand should be penalized for starting a new one. His penance should be start the new thread on Hammocks & Trains.
    Here you go. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...435#post326435
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Widerstand View Post
    spidennis, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Hammock
    Modified ENO Single
    Tarp
    DIY ???
    Insulation
    Quilt & Sleep Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    spidennis, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Sorry dude the only place I could post train hopping stories is in the Donating Members Off-Topic area... After all this is a hammock forum...
    Some of my freight hopping adventures on film over at my YouTube Channel... Oh and there is other stuff there as well!

Hammock
    Diy
    Tarp
    FF
    Insulation
    lost river
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Well besides the standard whoopie suspension and ridge line on mine, I had to tweek my girls a little bit.
    She really likes using the slap straps for non camping hangs.
    So my solution was to replace the stock eno biner line with their big carabiners and then loop all the suspension and ridgeline to some decending rings.
    So now she can quickly and easily move her hammock while in camping mode to another location for recreation and use the slap straps.
    We have actually never experienced any stretch with the slap straps, even me at 200lbs.

So the result is one happy camper.
    Test hang

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12x12
    Insulation
    Big Agnes Air Core
    Suspension
    Buckles and Straps
    I've done what I think everyone else here has - removed the biners and put in an alternate suspension. In my case I got some of the gaudy yellow ratchet straps from harbor freight and cinch buckles from AHE. Better in pretty much every way. I had slap straps but did not like them, too springy and stretchy.

I'm going to get an adjustable ridgeline soon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast