Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks

MO Spring Hang, 22 - 23 April; Wilderness Trail, Meramec State Park, site #7

Would like to get a "spring hang" on the calendar for those of us in and around Missouri. Plan is a weekend hike/overnight hang on the Wilderness trail, in Meramec State Park. We'll hike in Saturday morning "clockwise" stopping at campsite #7. Just past #7 there's a nice spring/water source and just a bit further down the trail there's a really large spring and creek coming out from under a bluff, next to a cave. There's options for those who'd like to come up and stay Friday evening and there's another cave in the park that's interesting. The loop trail is only 8.2 miles so it's pretty low mileage and I consider it to be a fairly easy trail.

I'm planning on more outings between now and then but wanted to get something "official" posted. This avoids Easter and it's past tax day so I'm hoping most can make it. Timed it so we should see Red Bud and Dogwood blooming along with other new growth.

Here's a link to the trail/park: https://mostateparks.com/trails/mera...pe=backpacking

If you're able to get out before then, consider posting your hike if you'd like company!

Enjoy the day
    Gideon

Spring.JPG
    Last edited by Gideon; 01-27-2017 at 15:25.

Hammock
    GT Ultralight
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    KAQ Jarbridge 4s
    Suspension
    Loops/Straps/Dutch
    I'm in! Thanks for setting this up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly, Edge
    Insulation
    Wookie, Eco Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    My daughter and I will make this one. Thanks for getting the ball rolling so far in advance! Sure helps to be able to get it on our calendars before the weekend gets filled with something else!

Tarp
    DIY
    Suspension
    Woopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Would like to get a "spring hang" on the calendar for those of us in and around Missouri. Plan is a weekend hike/overnight hang on the Wilderness trail, in Meramec State Park. We'll hike in Saturday morning "clockwise" stopping at campsite #7. Just past #7 there's a nice spring/water source and just a bit further down the trail there's a really large spring and creek coming out from under a bluff, next to a cave. There's options for those who'd like to come up and stay Friday evening and there's another cave in the park that's interesting. The loop trail is only 8.2 miles so it's pretty low mileage and I consider it to be a fairly easy trail.

I'm planning on more outings between now and then but wanted to get something "official" posted. This avoids Easter and it's past tax day so I'm hoping most can make it. Timed it so we should see Red Bud and Dogwood blooming along with other new growth.

Here's a link to the trail/park: https://mostateparks.com/trails/mera...pe=backpacking

If you're able to get out before then, consider posting your hike if you'd like company!

Enjoy the day
    Gideon

Spring.JPG
    This sounds good. I just have to check on one other trip a local group has going in April that I have committed to. Not sure of the dates yet.

Btw Gideon, I just got back from the Grayson Highlands HF hang. It never got below 40. Imagine that! It was way colder than that a few weeks ago at Bell Mountain and Mt. Rogers is at over 5,000 ft.
    It ain't always about hammer out the miles....Sometimes it's about just 'hanging out"!
    Loner

You can call me Branch
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG UQ / TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

MO Spring Hang, 22 - 23 April; Wilderness Trail, Meramec State Park, site #7

I will be there!

The 22nd is Earthday! How fitting!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    ThermarestTrailPro
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Perfect! Putting this one on my calendar now!
    Wraiith

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    We just hiked that trail last weekend on a day hike. It was gorgeous. I'm only a little concerned about the spring next to the cave because the cave is full of bats and the water may or may not be full of guano... but the other spring has delicious water. I must have drank a gallon straight from the spring.

Cheers,
    the Goat
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    A little bat poop never hurt anybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft two layer
    Tarp
    Kelty 12 x 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutch
    I will definitely try to make it. I've never hiked that trail before, but I'm planning to get out there before April to check it out.

mathineer

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly, Edge
    Insulation
    Wookie, Eco Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Two friends might be coming along with my daughter and me. Looking forward to it!
    (And I'll probably bring one of my dogs. I'll pick which of the two according to the weather forecast...excellent forecast, I'll bring my sweet old girl...chilly or wet or windy forecast, I'll bring my friendly bull-in-a-China-shop type dog.)
    Last edited by Dublinlin; 01-31-2017 at 15:46.