Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images

Bottom Quilt, er, ah, Top Quilt!

I have an 80" Loco Libre wide (50") 3.6 Apex under quilt with draft collars with the wobble snap option. Talk about flexibility! I've been testing it as a top quilt. Sure, you have to put the cords under your neck but don't notice them at all after they are tucked under- I use a small pillow anyway which keeps the cords off my neck. When you snap and cinch the bottom and climb in you will notice the bungees sewn in the side help to tuck the quilt under your arms. Just snap behind the neck and cinch if needed...then you notice the down draft collar which works as well on top of you as under your quilt. Think about it...the primary suspension is helping to "side tuck" the top two thirds of the quilt along the hips, arms, and shoulders when you stretch out. The slight rigidity of the the bungee helps to seal out the cold. Thanks for the woobie option, Loco Libre!!!
    Last edited by Draggingcanoe; 01-28-2017 at 22:27.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggingcanoe View Post
    I have an 80" Loco Libre wide (50") 3.6 Apex under quilt with draft collars with the wobble snap option. Talk about flexibility! I've been testing it as a top quilt. Sure, you have to put the cords under your neck but don't notice them at all after they are tucked under- I use a small pillow anyway which keeps the cords off my neck. When you snap and cinch the bottom and climb in you will notice the bungees sewn in the side help to tuck the quilt under your arms. Just snap behind the neck and cinch if needed...then you notice the down draft collar which works as well on top of you as under your quilt. Think about it...the primary suspension is helping to "side tuck" the top two thirds of the quilt along the hips, arms, and shoulders when you stretch out. The slight rigidity of the the bungee helps to seal out the cold. Thanks for the wobble option, Loco Libre!!!
    I too have a Loco Libre Gear 80" x 50" Cayenne Pepper underquilt, a CS 6.0 model, which is my favorite underquilt, so I agree and appreciate having the width and length to press it into service as a top quilt if necessary. Snaps make it versatile. I actually made a DIY underquilt recently, specifically designed to convert to top quilt mode using KAM snaps and the foot end drawcord to form the footbox. I noticed the same things you mentioned when using it as top insulation. It works great either way.

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    WBXLC, Chameleon, RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, Pole Mod
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, AHE, LLCP
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Images
    "Woobie" snaps autocorrected to "Wobble".

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Draggingcanoe View Post
    I have an 80" Loco Libre wide (50") 3.6 Apex under quilt with draft collars with the wobble snap option. Talk about flexibility! I've been testing it as a top quilt. Sure, you have to put the cords under your neck but don't notice them at all after they are tucked under- I use a small pillow anyway which keeps the cords off my neck. When you snap and cinch the bottom and climb in you will notice the bungees sewn in the side help to tuck the quilt under your arms. Just snap behind the neck and cinch if needed...then you notice the down draft collar which works as well on top of you as under your quilt. Think about it...the primary suspension is helping to "side tuck" the top two thirds of the quilt along the hips, arms, and shoulders when you stretch out. The slight rigidity of the the bungee helps to seal out the cold. Thanks for the woobie option, Loco Libre!!!
    My pleasure! The woobie snap option definitely makes for a multipurpose quilt option.

Very cool. I value any kind of versatility such as this. Especially when buying down gear on a budget.

• + New Posts