WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

after trip care of peapod

After a backpacking trip, do you guys air out your peapod? (hang it out to dry?) If so, how long do you keep it out before storing it? (also, do you hang it up, across a couple of chairs etc?--)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Yes, for as long as it takes to dry completely, usually just overnight. Typically I place it over a large wingback chair.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    After drying, I hang mine in a rolling, cloth sided hanging rack in the guest bedroom... there it stays, along with the rest of my meager collection of down gear.

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Speer
    Tarp
    8x12 Sil Nylon
    Insulation
    Peapod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    After a backpacking trip, do you guys air out your peapod? (hang it out to dry?) If so, how long do you keep it out before storing it? (also, do you hang it up, across a couple of chairs etc?--)
    I hang mine in the garage for at least a day or two, depending on the weather

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    I just lay it out on a bed in a sunny room, or over a chair by a window, with darkest fabric towards the Sun. I might leave it all day but a couple of hors is probably all you need, unless it was really wet in the down.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for the advice!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

• + New Posts