Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question Clip on quilt hooks

So I just got some clip on quilt hooks and a couple RL hooks. I've been using the RL hooks since they came on my 0° Incubator I got from Dutch. Now I'm doing my first DIY hammock and figured I'd give the clip on hooks a try. Whats the secret to getting them to stay clipped on? I tried them out last night on my equip hammock and they kept coming off. I put the RL hooks on my CDT UQ so I have something on it as well. Should I use the RL hooks on my incubator with the clip on hooks that are on my hammock? Or would that be overkill? Maybe I should just get the sew on kind for my DIY hammock? I got the clip on kind so I could use one set for all my hammocks. Anyone else use this kind or have any tips to get them to stay clipped on to the hammock? The UQ suspension stays clipped to the hook just fine.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I've been giveing them a try myself recently, the only way I've been able to get them to stay on for any length of time is by Rolling the him over several times before clipping them on. Even then they tend to come loose, I'm thinking about trying the pack hooks instead and sewing them on. I like the triangle hooks over the ridge line but especially on the head end they seem to squeeze my shoulders a bit more.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I tried the hem roll and it seemed to help a bit for me as well. I think I might use sew on quilt hooks or pack hooks for my build and use these on my equip hammock and other netless hammocks.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts