Clark Jungle
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    dyneema straps
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniac View Post
    If I may, palmetto State hangers are going to have a hang soon relatively near you, Huntington Beach SP in SC? Going to something like that will save you a lot of time and $$$ by getting to see other set ups and ask questions and i don't know a hanger alive that wouldn't let you check their rig out. I started in a ENO so I'm not knocking it, it gives you a start but I can assure you that you will evolve. At this point I have 7 or 8 hammocks, but if I had to get rid of all but one I would keep my Ridge Runner. Everyone has personal preferences so there is no "right" hammock for all. Keep hanging.
    I just heard of them! Found the ladies feature on hyoh podcast I will definitely reach out.

Eno definitely seems like the gateway drug of hammocks. I actually started with a single size one but didn't feel like I was as comfortable as I should be.

Last weekend was my 3rd overnight and I am happy to say I was pretty darn comfy in the morning. It was super rewarding after trying and not being quite right the first time, to finally get it. (Mostly, haha)

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by laracrofty View Post
    I just heard of them! Found the ladies feature on hyoh podcast I will definitely reach out.

Eno definitely seems like the gateway drug of hammocks. I actually started with a single size one but didn't feel like I was as comfortable as I should be.

Last weekend was my 3rd overnight and I am happy to say I was pretty darn comfy in the morning. It was super rewarding after trying and not being quite right the first time, to finally get it. (Mostly, haha)

Sent from my Robin using Tapatalk
    Hey thanks for sharing your experiences! I'm just getting into hammock camping as well. I started with the ENO but I'm 6'1" so it's way too short. I tried a bridge hammock but it didn't match the way I sleep. Next up is an 11' gathered end hammock. I'm enjoying the journey and I'm glad to read of other people's experiences.

All the best!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laracrofty View Post
    I'm only 5'3" so I have to stand on things to get the suspension high enough
    If you choose trees closer together, you won't have to!

--
    Gadget

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234