Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Hat View Post
    Loco Libre was actually my first choice (the chevron baffles make sense), but the 14 week lead time just doesn't work for me.
    Yea, I think a lot of potential customers are put off by that. I finally figured it our and ordered my spring quilts at the beginning of November and my Winter quilts in May

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Yea, I think a lot of potential customers are put off by that. I finally figured it our and ordered my spring quilts at the beginning of November and my Winter quilts in May
    Something that's an investment you're going to want to keep and use for years is worth the planning and the wait. My LLG is my favorite top quilt.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

I've got 2 EE Revelations (20 and 40 degree) and a 0 degree Enigma (regular length wide). Ordered it in mid August for a November delivery. The sewn footbox is nice and provides plenty of room. I got an email earlier this week from EE talking about how wait times are decreasing plus some other design changes in their quilts.

I've probably got 15 or so nights with my Enigma so far and am pleased with how it performs in those single digit nights. This is the first TQ I've bought that's wide. The upgrade cost was minimal and having some extra width to tuck in along the shoulders keeps the chill away. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of our cottage vendors on HF, so you have lots of options out there.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG / EE
    I'm not really answering your question but I think it's worth mentioning. I have a 20* EE Enigma (not the new rounded footbox), as well as 40* and 0* HG Burrows. I think the Burrow is superior. Quality/construction (barely), footbox shape (not sure it matters now that EE is changing to the same rounded footbox) as well as the sizing. A wide Burrow is about the same size as the regular Enigma. I sleep primarly in a hammock but also on the ground sometimes. A wide quilt is great for ground sleeping but is a pain when hammocking. Too much material, not as efficient, heavier/bulkier. I'm 5'9" and 175 lbs and the regular Burrow is perfect. When I'm on the ground, my wide Enigma is great. In the hammock it's ridiculous and annoying.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG CF/doors
    Insulation
    UGQZeppelin/Bandit
    Suspension
    Huggers/Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I talked about this in my recent video review of the Loco Libre Ghost Pepper. I spoke with George (LLG owner) and he is working on improving those times. It is hard to swallow that time investment as you are a new hanger, but after you have a base kit, and are looking to complete your range, or adding lighter, customized gear, it becomes a great choice. I was so impressed with the quilt that I ordered a 50 degree ultralight summer ghost pepper from George and LLG as well!

Images
    I just got my first order from EE ( rest has already shipped) today. The thing is awesome. I just sold all of my UGQ's to replace them with EE in an effort to go UL. First one at my door in only one month. Very impressive.
    The quilt itself is very nice, I really like it a lot. Also, their weights on the website are actually accurate. My full length 20* UQ with 950fill weighs only 15.45oz. It also compresses really impressively small, a fraction of my old quilts (which had a lower fill), Little bigger than a softball. That's incredible for a full length 20* uq.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuban
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,EE, LL
    Suspension
    Whoopie, D-Bling

Enlightened Equipment Enigma vs Underground Quilts Flight Jacket

I like the vertical baffle design. I have one of each - 20*EE Rev, 0* UGQ Renegade and most recently 20* HQ vertical baffle Burrow. I love each, here are my thoughts.

EE does not allow over stuffing, I have used it the most of my TQs on the trails for the last year and it has kept me warm. Very soft to the touch it's the lightest so far. The linear baffle design is quite long on the quilt as it stretches from the head makes a U-turn at the foot and then back all the way up towards ahead. This seems like a lot of real estate for the down to get thinned out leaving some cold spots. Not that this has happened these are just thoughts in my head.

The 0° UGQ will be a great cold winter TQ it is overstuffed and it's cone shape wraps around nicely. I'm assuming the come shape requires additional stitching leaving 2 to 3 times the amount of vertical stitching lines on the quilt. It's not quite as soft and smooth on the inside.

I just received the HG linear burrow design. I like what they have done to separate the foot box and linear vertical tubes. Less real estate for the down to migrate. With the additional horizontal baffle along the top seems to be a Nice seal around my shoulders and neck. Is much softer up against the skin with less vertical stitching lines in the UGQ.

I wouldn't trade any of these quilts. They each have their own slightly different personality.

UGQs inner stitching

HGs inner stitching

HGs horizontal top baffle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12