Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG quilts 20°/40°
    Suspension
    webbing/Ti buckles
    I built one using these http://www.a1tarps.com/fffcbcc.html and these http://www.a1tarps.com/ffolbcc.html it works great! I used the fencing top rail I got at home depot, it slides through the L connectors and you can tighten them down with the set screws provided at whatever angle you want then slide your leg pieces into those which I secured at the bottom with an eye bolt and piece of chain. With the connectors you can make it as long and tall as you want by cutting the pipe and piecing it together. I don't have a picture right now but you would need 4 L connectors which your top rail would slide through, 4 eyebolts and 2 pieces of chain with S hooks or carabiniers on the end to keep legs from spreading, and as many connectors as you want for the pieces you'll cut it into. Just make sure you get the right size fittings for the size pipe you get!

Quote Originally Posted by howlinmadman View Post
    I built one using these http://www.a1tarps.com/fffcbcc.html and these http://www.a1tarps.com/ffolbcc.html it works great! I used the fencing top rail I got at home depot, it slides through the L connectors and you can tighten them down with the set screws provided at whatever angle you want then slide your leg pieces into those which I secured at the bottom with an eye bolt and piece of chain. With the connectors you can make it as long and tall as you want by cutting the pipe and piecing it together. I don't have a picture right now but you would need 4 L connectors which your top rail would slide through, 4 eyebolts and 2 pieces of chain with S hooks or carabiniers on the end to keep legs from spreading, and as many connectors as you want for the pieces you'll cut it into. Just make sure you get the right size fittings for the size pipe you get!
    Sounds good. Got any pics?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by apsilon View Post
    We're the same in Australia, everything costs way more which is why I buy so much OS. Even with shipping it's often half price or better of local prices.

That said, try ebay. I picked up a stand very similar locally that worked out about US$46 delivered despite the local big hardware monopoly asking around US$135 for them.
    Thank you. That was very good advice. Ebay.ca has the best choice brand. It is priced at a reasonable exchange plus 15 shipping and 18 import.

Not as good as my friends in the US can get it at (58us free shipping) but it is my best option so far.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG quilts 20°/40°
    Suspension
    webbing/Ti buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler883 View Post
    Sounds good. Got any pics?

I'll try to get some tonight when I get home from work.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Darien
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG quilts 20°/40°
    Suspension
    webbing/Ti buckles
    Here are the pics of the one I made. IMG_1584[1].jpg IMG_1585[1].jpg IMG_1586[1].jpg IMG_1587[1].jpg. I spray painted the whole thing to make it all one uniform color but it has started chipping off, may be better to get it powder coated, but that would cost a lot more. The top rail is in three 4'-3" pieces utilizing two connectors so overall it is almost 13' long. I made them that size so they would fit in a carry bag I had, you could make them as long as you like. The legs I made out of two pieces a little over 3' each utilizing the coupling end already on the fence top rail so I didn't need connectors for those only a wire lock pin to keep the legs together. Each leg end has an eye bolt through it and I used chain and a carabiner to keep the legs from spreading. I also put an eyebolt on the top rail at the ends to attach my tarp to. If you had the top rail already the connectors and L shaped thru connectors are really inexpensive. I'm not a very big guy- 5' 10" about 165# but it holds me with no problems.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Check this thread -- all sorts of variants on this idea.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...t=simple+bipod

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DBL, WBBB 1.7, Eno Double
    Tarp
    Noah 12', Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie, JRB SS
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    IMG_2784.jpgI think mine is the same as howl,,,,
    GOPR6801.jpg
    Last edited by JGSmith; 02-16-2017 at 19:52. Reason: Add another picture

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    I'm just reporting back on using the monster stakes on my tato stand. Everything is working great. I actually set up all by myself, and the legs didn't walk at all. I staked each tripod with 3 stakes, and the tato stand has little channels at the top of each leg that seem like they are for threading lines through. Zing it on one tripod, reflect it on the other tripod, and clove hitches to the stakes. I'm good to go. This seems to have solved my problem. Ready for the weekend!
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by howlinmadman View Post
    Here are the pics of the one I made. IMG_1584[1].jpg IMG_1585[1].jpg IMG_1586[1].jpg IMG_1587[1].jpg. I spray painted the whole thing to make it all one uniform color but it has started chipping off, may be better to get it powder coated, but that would cost a lot more. The top rail is in three 4'-3" pieces utilizing two connectors so overall it is almost 13' long. I made them that size so they would fit in a carry bag I had, you could make them as long as you like. The legs I made out of two pieces a little over 3' each utilizing the coupling end already on the fence top rail so I didn't need connectors for those only a wire lock pin to keep the legs together. Each leg end has an eye bolt through it and I used chain and a carabiner to keep the legs from spreading. I also put an eyebolt on the top rail at the ends to attach my tarp to. If you had the top rail already the connectors and L shaped thru connectors are really inexpensive. I'm not a very big guy- 5' 10" about 165# but it holds me with no problems.
    Nice work.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    DIY UCR and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler883 View Post
    Thank you. That was very good advice. Ebay.ca has the best choice brand. It is priced at a reasonable exchange plus 15 shipping and 18 import.

Not as good as my friends in the US can get it at (58us free shipping) but it is my best option so far.

I finally got around to trying my one of these over the weekend. Unfortunately I can't hang my hexon 1.0 as there's too much stretch so I end up touching the bottom bar. My WBBB is fine though. Going to try making one from hexon 1.6 and see if it works.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast