Hammock
    BBXLC / Others
    Tarp
    Currently HH Hex
    Insulation
    HG and AHE
    Suspension
    Variety fo the job
    I'm the guy who has been emailing you about the different fabrics, and in particular the 2.4 Hexon for more support. 58" I feel is too narrow. The one i'm in now website says it is 63" and I wish that one were a bit wider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Most are 58 inches wide but I have a limited supply of 72 inch wide hexon 1.6. More is on order but you can order it by contacting me directly. I don't offer it on the site because it would be gone in a few hours if I did.

Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    20170826_095314.jpg
    Finally got to use my hammock on a boy scout trip. Here she is set up at camp. I'm just using a cheap tarp from Amazon (think I paid $30), but it worked great, we had some rain during the night and day and I stayed dry , along with my hammock. I'd like to get a longer one so there is more over hang, but I'm not sure how I'd set that up with the TD stand. (I'm in Florida, and nothing can be hung off trees) Anyways, there she is!

edit: Learned of another benefit of hammock camping. We were worried about possible flash floods due to storms this weekend and the tents getting wet...not something I had to worry about being elevated a few feet off the ground!
    Last edited by Brad32825; 08-29-2017 at 14:08.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Hybrid UHMWPE/MSH
    Looks like a nice setup. Scout camping is always a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad32825 View Post
    I'd like to get a longer one so there is more over hang, but I'm not sure how I'd set that up with the TD stand. (I'm in Florida, and nothing can be hung off trees)
    I'm no expert, haven't ever used a TD stand or any stand for that matter, but it seems like you should be able to lengthen the suspension on your hammock allowing for a longer tarp to be used. Maybe throw a whoopie or dogbone on each end of the hammock allowing the stands to be moved apart to accommodate a longer tarp. Depending on how much you add you might have to raise the stands up a bit in order to keep a good hang angle, though.

Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Hess View Post
    Looks like a nice setup. Scout camping is always a blast.

I'm no expert, haven't ever used a TD stand or any stand for that matter, but it seems like you should be able to lengthen the suspension on your hammock allowing for a longer tarp to be used. Maybe throw a whoopie or dogbone on each end of the hammock allowing the stands to be moved apart to accommodate a longer tarp. Depending on how much you add you might have to raise the stands up a bit in order to keep a good hang angle, though.
    I have whoopie slings on my hammock and they are connected to each other (making another ridgeline basically) I can lengthen them, but they are currently set for a 30 degree lay. The only other way to lengthen the stands is to install a longer ridgepole. I've tried it with a 14 foot ridgepole and the pole had really bad bending having 2 breaking points in the pole. With only 1 separation point I don't have any bar bending. One could use a 10 foot pole and an additional length of pole and not have bending, but then you have to walk around with a 10 foot pole. I like 2 5 footers bc it's easy to transport.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Hybrid UHMWPE/MSH
    Makes sense. I hadn't considered the need for the longer pole while maintaining strength. Ignore my ignorance.

Hammock
    , , , , , chameleon
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Hess View Post
    Makes sense. I hadn't considered the need for the longer pole while maintaining strength. Ignore my ignorance.
    No Problem man. I wish the 14 foot setup worked better bc as you said I could then run a bigger tarp, but it got scary when the poles warped out, the stand failed on me a few times bc the poles warped side ways. I think, once they get a slight bend, it only gets worse.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY SilPoly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Hybrid UHMWPE/MSH
    For sure. My closest experience was building a rack to hang tomato plants from. I'm assuming the physics are pretty close to the same. As soon as a pole started warping it would lose strength very quickly and end up failing.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon 1.6 Wide
    Tarp
    CubenFibre 12" HEX
    Insulation
    incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    rigged up my chameleon with my old Hennessy in dual mode, had to test out the new hammock station in the back yard. No more waiting for trees. I have noticed the continuos loops and the dyne a webbing is starting to show wear from the kickstarter beetle buckles, can't complain about the ease of use though.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Anyone have any DL Chameleons yet?

Would love to see some color combos!
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    HQ Incub. 20
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Well that ought to annoy the wife to no end. She didn't want me ordering a new hammock until I sold the old one. However, despite that I just pulled the trigger on a Hexon 1.6 Chameleon in Coyote Brown. Now to wait anxiously and hope it arrives in time for the Fall MAHHA...

• + New Posts
  • Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast