Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Not too wild (back yard) but thought I'd post a few pictures. 1.6 green regular width body with purple top cover. IMG_8619.jpgIMG_8620.jpgIMG_8621.jpgIMG_8622.jpgIMG_8626.jpgIMG_8624.jpg

The last two pictures show the Chameleon with a Wooki.

... Actually it was a little wild even in the back yard. Had to wait patiently for over an hour before i could get out and water the plants in the night. There were moose browsing right up to the side of my tarp, within 3 feet of the hammock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by akford; 03-26-2017 at 17:41.

^^nice

Hammock
    Dutch 10' Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    SLD w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by akford View Post
    The last two pictures show the Chameleon with a Wooki.
    Did you had to add any extensions to make the Wooki fit the Chameleon?

Chameleons in the Wild: The Picture Thread

I did add a short extension with a lashit loop and carabiner. For me it seemed like the 1.6 material stretched a bit and made it a little tight against the wooki. The rubber band on the end of the wooki XL released off the gathered end after some moving around. I have heard other people say they didn't need an extension though so might be fine for some. It worked well for me with the short extension. I slept warm through the night with a low of about 16 degrees and some breeze (Winter Wooki XL [edit for clarity])
    IMG_8671.jpg

Last edited by akford; 03-27-2017 at 10:24.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Quote Originally Posted by akford View Post
    I did add a short extension with a lashit loop and carabiner. For me it seemed like the 1.6 material stretched a bit and made it a little tight against the wooki. The rubber band on the end of the wooki released off the gathered end after some moving around. I have heard other people say they didn't need an extension though so might be fine for some. It worked fine for me with the short extension. I slept warm through the night with a low of about 16 degrees and some breeze (winter wooki).
    IMG_8671.jpg

I had to add about twice as much extension to my wookie on my hexon 1.0 half-wit (which is 10.5 ft long).

Sorry, to clarify the wooki I have is the Winter Wooki XL.

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Loving the Wide and Peak lofts

Mine arrived last week, in a very nice set of organized pieces.
    eC5WYkd.jpg

It has yet to be released upon the wild, but it did get to roam in my Basement for a little bit. where I set the hammock, top cover, peak lofts, and tarp
    OoxoKvw.jpgDYxHaf0.jpgJLMd7jU.jpgCz56dBg.jpg

The thing I'm VERY happy about is that my backpack, an Osprey Atmos 50, fits into the foot end peak loft when mostly empty and leaves plenty of room for my feet.
    qcWpBBP.jpgP48eqTn.jpgLMuK5cQ.jpg

I am seriously considering no longer bringing a gear hammock or pack cover and taking the combined gear hammock pack cover off of my list of things to get.

I rarely hike in super heavy rain (plus, I bring a trash bag which quilts and other must stay dry items reside in), but I use a pack cover because I don't like letting my backpack touch the ground and getting dirty so it either lays on the ground, on the pack cover, or hands outside the tarp, in the pack cover, or goes into a gear hammock.

Well with the dual peak lofts, I can seriously consider putting my pack in my hammock. I'm trying to figure out if there is a reason I shouldn't do it.

I was worried about the comments from others about "I wouldn't even want a wide" or "I'm glad I just got a standard width" but after laying in the wide hammock, if feels more luxurious than my 11.5' standard width hammock. Having a little extra fabric to wrap around my head and feet is nice, my other hammock always felt just barely wide enough for my 6'1" frame but now I have a cradling effect.

The top cover definitely warmed things up, as soon as I climbed in I felt the effect of the micro-climate. I still need to experiment with the bug net and find out if I'll need to have a pocket fan of some sort when in there. I've only used the larger net styles, I'm looking forward to having less weight come mosquito season.

The tarp is equally of nice quality, and it has me wishing I had a silpoly winter tarp. I just might be saving up for one this year, we'll see after I test the silpoly in the rain. I still need to get some shock cord to put on this tarp to make it compatible with my hook worm set-up.

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    I was worried about the comments from others about "I wouldn't even want a wide" or "I'm glad I just got a standard width" but after laying in the wide hammock, if feels more luxurious than my 11.5' standard width hammock. Having a little extra fabric to wrap around my head and feet is nice, my other hammock always felt just barely wide enough for my 6'1" frame but now I have a cradling effect.
    Nice! I was getting a little worried by those comments as well.

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ufdigga View Post
    Nice! I was getting a little worried by those comments as well.
    One thing I forgot to mention as well.

My 11.5' had a bad calf ridge that I would have to figure four to get rid of, or cold air would cause some major CBS. With this, it seems I have to purposely lay poorly if I want to cause a calf ridge. I still need to test in the wild, but that is a first impression at least.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    I use anti-calf ridge technology.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast