Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight

Grand Truck too narrow

Hey guys, It has been a long time since I posted here but after 2 years I hung my hammock for the first time. I know, what the hell took me so long? lol.

Anyway, its a lovely 37 outside tonight in Virginia and I found the hammock just too tight to keep my arms inside. Anyone found this to be a problem?

It is a grand truck single, and I am only 5'6 165.

I THINK the problem is that I am using a sleeping bag around the entire hammock for an under quilt effect, and a -30 for inside the hammock which is probably just bunching up too much to give me room to squeeze in.

Any suggestions? I am not working and have no income so really can't buy something right now, but think I am going to just wait until it gets warmer and try to sleep in it then.

The alternative is to try to come up with some kind of spreader bar and re-run my amsteel lines. whatever they are called. I don't remember. Anyone ever tried this?

Thanks!
    Scott
    Northern VA
    Scott
    Herndon, VA
    (Looking for others to see how their setup works locally)

Quote Originally Posted by sdveirs View Post
    Hey guys, It has been a long time since I posted here but after 2 years I hung my hammock for the first time. I know, what the hell took me so long? lol.

Anyway, its a lovely 37 outside tonight in Virginia and I found the hammock just too tight to keep my arms inside. Anyone found this to be a problem?

It is a grand truck single, and I am only 5'6 165.

I THINK the problem is that I am using a sleeping bag around the entire hammock for an under quilt effect, and a -30 for inside the hammock which is probably just bunching up too much to give me room to squeeze in.

Any suggestions? I am not working and have no income so really can't buy something right now, but think I am going to just wait until it gets warmer and try to sleep in it then.

The alternative is to try to come up with some kind of spreader bar and re-run my amsteel lines. whatever they are called. I don't remember. Anyone ever tried this?

Thanks!
    Scott
    Northern VA
    Hey scott. Im 185, 6' and i slept in one as my bed for 3 months. I found my inflatable spread the hammock out perfectly. Thatd be my siggestion, add an inflatable.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Quote Originally Posted by Slo View Post
    Hey Scott. Im 185, 6' and i slept in one as my bed for 3 months. I found my inflatable spread the hammock out perfectly. Thatd be my suggestion, add an inflatable.
    I thought about that for insulation but did not need it, but thanks. I will try it out for this use.
    Scott
    Herndon, VA
    (Looking for others to see how their setup works locally)

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I'm close at 5'9" and 165lb. I tried so many hammocks but for some reason the Grand Trunk single is the most comfortable. And my UQ fits it better than the rest and I don't know why.

Are you sleeping to close to the head end? I like to lie down then reach back up over my head. I find it most comfortable when I'm about 2" away from being able to reach the end (gathered part).

• + New Posts