Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My cart is 5 feet long. The lumber is 8 feet long. If I could get 2 of the lumber pieces to extend like a wheel barrow handle to my sides. The waist harness could hold the weight but I'd be able to stabilize the load

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

The rest would have to be elevated in the back to avoid dragging.

Or hanging parallel to the ground in the front and somehow passing through the cart in the back.

Just a side thought. If I played with the balance on the lumber, I could control the amount of downward weight thar I feel at the waist harness.

Hammock
    DIY 11'
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Sleep bag
    Suspension
    Home made Whoopies
    Check out this for a good portable stand setup to add to your car to sight kit. Finished and broken down fits in a bag that is easily addable to your current gear. Also highly versatile for setup needs, ie unlevel areas. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...l=1#post948984

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Suspension
    DIY Cinch buckles
    Have you seen the three person hammock stand? It uses only three 2x3's, about 300' of rope and 6 rebar stakes. It will pack a little easier than what you've got now.

I built one for my Scout troop last summer and it's been lots of fun. It can take some time to get dialed in (I recommend doing this in your back yard when you have a few hours to spare), and don't skimp on the yellow side ropes. I tried to get by with some thinner (cheaper) rope and had a side rope break and drop some scouts to the ground (fortunately, the only person to get hurt was the guy who picked the cheap rope, and that was a smack to the head from a falling 2x3! ).

Senior Member mountain_man_mike's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY CLIMASHIELD UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs & whoopie
    A version of the turtle dog stand using 1 1/4" aluminum pipe in 4' sections (8 sections total) plus 7 more sections of 1" aluminum pipe that slide within the 1 1/4" pipe with either clevis pins or spring loaded pins like you find on an EZ Up.

3 sections of each size pipe for each tripod and 2 sections of the 1 1/4" pipe coupled to 1 section of 1" pipe for the ridge pole. You can install limiters to maintain a constant tripod base. It will come in a little lighter than wood and will hold up well in the wet weather but it's also a small scale lightening rod and the National Jamboree has a reputation so be careful.
    Happy Trails to one and all.
    Enjoy the outdoors wisely and elevate your perspective.

Modified Penny Wood Stove instructional Video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fPlHqsYy38

Hammock Wheel https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...09#post1035609

Another Really cool JC Penny Puffer instructional- https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...141#post953141

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12