Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images

OK XLC folks, I have an UQ question for ya....

I was playing with my XLC this afternoon and doing some lounging in the back yard. I had my HG 20* UQ on it and kept having to adjust it over my shoulder. I was really missing the quilt hooks on my other hammock. This is the first time I really spent time in it and set up the quilt and everything. I really like the lay of this XLC. A LOT!! Question is, how do you folks keep your UQ's from slipping off your shoulder? Mine was slipping all the way under. Even after a lot of adjusting both suspension lines it would just slide right down and under the hammock.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC and WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly and WD 13
    Insulation
    JRB HG AHE Lynx
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    I was playing with my XLC this afternoon and doing some lounging in the back yard. I had my HG 20* UQ on it and kept having to adjust it over my shoulder. I was really missing the quilt hooks on my other hammock. This is the first time I really spent time in it and set up the quilt and everything. I really like the lay of this XLC. A LOT!! Question is, how do you folks keep your UQ's from slipping off your shoulder? Mine was slipping all the way under. Even after a lot of adjusting both suspension lines it would just slide right down and under the hammock.
    Same issue w/ my HG incubator 20 long.....Love HGs workmanship and customer service etc,,,,but have been strongly considering selling it and buying a Wooki

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Through experimentation and given my particular moderate diagonal lay, I found out that a moderately narrow underquilt fits best on my XLC with me in it, in the neighborhood of 44" to 45", where I normally use a 50" UQ with all my other gathered-end hammocks. Properly adjusted for the diagonal and cheated a bit toward the head end to match the sweet spot location of my hammock when hung correctly, the narrower UQ stays put and doesn't interfere with my shelf and tie-outs.

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Through experimentation and given my particular moderate diagonal lay, I found out that a moderately narrow underquilt fits best on my XLC with me in it, in the neighborhood of 44" to 45", where I normally use a 50" UQ with all my other gathered-end hammocks. Properly adjusted for the diagonal and cheated a bit toward the head end to match the sweet spot location of my hammock when hung correctly, the narrower UQ stays put and doesn't interfere with my shelf and tie-outs.

1st off, that's a really sweet hammock. I really wish I had ordered my XLC when the cammo was an option. 2nd, I kinda found the same thing. Laying at a more shallow angle was a really flat and comfortable lay and for the most part the quilt stayed put. If I moved around or laid more on my side or anything it would go flying under the hammock again. I was just wondering if those dutch ridge line quilt holder uppers would work. I have them on my 0*, but didn't think of it this afternoon. I'll have to try it again tomorrow with those dutch thingajigs.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Is your primary suspension adjusted correctly?? On the one XLC I helped get the HG quilt set up for the were no movement issues. With all the quilts I've setup is never been that much of a problem. Skew the quilt slightly by tightening the secondary suspension more by your shoulder and the opposite side by your feet.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    Skew the quilt slightly by tightening the secondary suspension more by your shoulder and the opposite side by your feet.
    Great idea! I didn't think to try that. I'll do it tomorrow for sure. Thanks! Heck, I might just go out tonight and do it. Send the night in it and see how it goes.
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have added pack hooks on my BB's on the entry side so far. Took about 5 minutes total to do.. Next I have to add them to the shelf side as soon as I figure out the best spot to place them.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Yes....skew or bias your secondary suspension. See at 3:44 in video.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Dutch Quilt Hook
    Over the shock cord and clip that over the zipper at the end of the zipper run. Pins it solid.

You can do it without the pack hook shown in the pic below. The pack hook accommodates larger diameter shock cord and allows the cord to slide more freely.

I had about a dozen of these hooks with me this past weekend. Just saying.

Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yes....skew or bias your secondary suspension. See at 3:44 in video.
    Shug

TY sir for the video! My other gathered end has fancy hooks. Easy peasy. I just have to figure out this XLC. I really like the comfort of it though. I'm thinking it's going on my next outing. grrr... ok that's it, I'm setting up and spending the night in this thing. follow up tomorrow I guess.
    ― John Muir

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast