DIY
    Tarp
    Super Ogee
    Insulation
    DIY IX UQ, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings, dc

-4 degrees Saturday night sleep

It was sposed to hit -10, but did not make it. I slept in my front yard in Claytor. Had a piece of warm window, with a SB on top as an UQ. A thermarest in the pocket of the claytor. Used a 0 degree rectangular down bag from campmor on top with a wool blanket folded around it.

I wore one layer of capilene, fleece gloves, wool socks with fleece socks over, a fleece balaclava, and a fleece muffler. I did stay warm, in fact I was too warm. I woke about 4 AM feeling warm and claustrophobic. I shed the balaclava as well as all the stuff on my head and neck, and tossed and turned a bit. Finally went to the house about 5 AM. Next time I am not going to wear all the stuff around my neck and head. I have a small light wool blanket I will use over my head, won't feel so restrained.

I do know I can definitely take it to -10 with a simple addition of a wool blanket from the stuff I would carry for 20's. I was pleasantly surprised I stayed warm on my underside. I would not want to backpack with the wool blanket though. Paddling would work. May take a very early spring paddle, not worry about cold and snow now. I love the river then.

I learned some things, mainly that I can be out when it is extremely cold and stay warm. Now for those snow shoes and high tec UQ and TQ, backpack. . . . . . and on and on and on the list goes.
    Revolution is about the need to re-evolve political, economic and social justice and power back into the hands of the people, preferably through legislation and policies that make human sense. That's what revolution is about. Revolution is not about shootouts.

Bobby Seale

http://www.riverjourneys.org

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    That is what I have been doing down here, I know tent camping on the river I would be ok,,, but I want to take a hammock. I will be ok packing all the stuff I need for the hammock in the canoe. I am ready now........

Hammock
    exped scout combi
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    polarpod
    The wonders of wool. Isn't it marvelous. I still have more gore-tex and fleece than I need, but I find the more layers of poly I use the less it breaths. This results in myself overheating and feeling clammy. For winter hiking I like to start out cold and layer up till I'm just on the edge of cold. My go-lite down inferno goes on at rest stops.