I am taking the scouts winter camping this Friday and Saturday and wanted to finish the doors on my homemade tarp which is 10' X 9'. This will be my first hang in my hammock as well (besides Sunday naps) so I am pretty excited.

I had some untreated ripstop I bought from Hobby Lobby before they quit selling it. I will treat the doors as a final step.

The temps are forecasted to be 32 for daytime and 18 for nighttime, but it has reached down to -7 just recently.

I think I am going to have the doors on one side and make a simple enclosure for the other side. What do you think?

I wanted the doors to come right down to the ground and since the red ripstop I was using wasn't quite long enough, I make a template for the blue ripstop the finish the job off.

P1100033.JPG

P1100034.JPG

I used grossgrain webbing and a double needle (for the first time) on the thread injector.

Only one of the doors is done now. I shouldn't have an issue getting the others completed.

P1100035.JPG

P1100037.JPG

P1100038.JPG

P1100039.JPG

So, I know there are differing opinions, but what suggestions does everyone have for attachment points for the doors to the tarp?

Should I use snaps, velcro, etc? I think I want to attach the doors only when necessary so In the summer I don't think I would have a need for the doors. What do you think?