Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    I'd be happy to lead a women's trip in the northeast/ New England area. I like to backpack, paddle, hike etc. I prefer not to car camp though but would do that if it were in an out of the way place without too many people. Any takers? I live in Massachusetts but am always up for going someplace in VT or NH. I love Maine, though it is a tad far and I am going there a bunch this camping season. Maybe in April before the bugs come out? Not too cold, not too warm? Let me know anybody.

Hammock
    just an ENO doublenest right now
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah's 12
    Suspension
    daisy chain straps
    A women's trip in driving distance sounds wonderful! The idea of trying out new equipment, awkwardly, as the only female in front of a bunch of men is intimidating to me.

Raised in Maine, student at Slippery Rock Univ.
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    COGS Winter
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I think this is a great idea! Maybe something on and island or a boat-trip distance! I would love to meet some other women hammock-ers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Music is the universal language of mankind
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefen View Post
    A women's trip in driving distance sounds wonderful! The idea of trying out new equipment, awkwardly, as the only female in front of a bunch of men is intimidating to me.
    At EVERY hang, I have very well intentioned men who tell me "what I should be doing". Although I'm fairly new, I'm happy with how I figure things out on my own. If I want advice, then I'll ask for it.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Warbird BB xlc
    Tarp
    Agua Quest Guide L
    Insulation
    Ghost Pepper, C. R
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    I'd be happy to lead a women's trip in the northeast/ New England area. I like to backpack, paddle, hike etc. I prefer not to car camp though but would do that if it were in an out of the way place without too many people. Any takers? I live in Massachusetts but am always up for going someplace in VT or NH. I love Maine, though it is a tad far and I am going there a bunch this camping season. Maybe in April before the bugs come out? Not too cold, not too warm? Let me know anybody.
    I would be interested. Thinking how many can hike in (maybe a smaller number)
    If your looking to grow, possibly do both car camp and hike in to the same site. Here in Jersey the trips vary to a
    site depending on how the guys/gals have set up ahead of time. Some with meet there...start the fire And others might canoe or hike in.
    Food can be brought and share one night or on your own. We do that with our girls Kayak trip, midweek.
    "And into the Forest I Go... to Lose my Mind and Find my Soul"
    Unknown

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Old LL Bean
    Suspension
    CRL+wasp & Whoopie
    I'd be interested too.

Hammock
    Serac Single
    Tarp
    Gnarwhal
    Insulation
    DIY BD TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeshadow View Post
    I am looking to go to Ricketts Glen, Pa. No date yet. Check out the website. Any one interested?
    I am interested!!!

Hi jellyfish.....I also have zero women friends who camp - except for my daughter-in-law...and if she goes camping it is usually with her husband and kids.

I just spent the weekend alone at Trap Pond in Laurel, DE as my first non-backyard hammock hang.

I'm also in Delaware - Smyrna.... (north of Dover, south of Middletown). Whereabouts in DE are you? Maybe we could try to plan a women's mini-hang at one of the state parks some time.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    Hi jellyfish.....I also have zero women friends who camp - except for my daughter-in-law...and if she goes camping it is usually with her husband and kids.

I just spent the weekend alone at Trap Pond in Laurel, DE as my first non-backyard hammock hang.

I'm also in Delaware - Smyrna.... (north of Dover, south of Middletown). Whereabouts in DE are you? Maybe we could try to plan a women's mini-hang at one of the state parks some time.
    Hmmm, thinking DE is not that far from No. VA
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    trad cotton / yukon outfitters
    Tarp
    silnylon diy
    Insulation
    diy, a mix
    Suspension
    straps to becket
    I'd go for a Rickett's Glen weekend. I'm in Eastern PA, so not too far. It's been a long time since I've visited there, and never camped in that park.

If anyone wants to paddle, I live near the Delaware Water Gap and Delaware River, and I could either help plan or show you around (or down) the river. Could also figure out a river camping trip. Delaware Water Gap National Recreation area allows overnights on the river at a number of designated sites for river travelers (permit needed - used to be free, not sure if it still is).

I find I have the opposite problem with mostly men groups. Yes, they try to tell me how to do it, but then they find I'm pretty self-sufficient and won't deal with me again (ego ouch?). I was raised in the sticks, in a farming area, and have been playing in the woods all my life.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast