Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Raised in Maine, student at Slippery Rock Univ.
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    COGS Winter
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I’d be interested!

Sammy
    Music is the universal language of mankind
    -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    DIY Xenon Sil,
    Insulation
    3s Yeti
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikitta View Post
    I'm in West Virginia and currently limited to the occasional overnight weekend trips. Monongalia Forest is close enough to be a playground, though South-Central Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio are close enough to make the trip.

I usually drag my daughter along with me, but she's in college now so I would LOVE to find camping friends to go out with. I'm new to the whole backpacking thing, so I'm still dialing in my gear.
    I live in Preston County and get out as much as I can. My usual places are Quebec Run wild area in PA, Dolly Sods, Otter Creek, Laurel Fork and Seneca Creek. I sometimes head to Cranberry or Canaan Mtn. Our state has some awesome places to hang! I don't mind solo trips, but, I am always looking for backpacking partners. I am retired, so have plenty of options on days that I can go. I enjoy smaller group hangs.
    Western VA and Maryland are pretty close. I have never backpacked in OH, so have no idea about where to go there.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale Kale View Post
    I'm in Southern Maryland and would be down for a hang. Anywhere in the DelMarVa area would work for me.
    Believe it or not, we have a great state park to hang in at Cedarville State Forest. I've hung there before. Kind of boring scenery compared to Shenandoah National Park, but it is convenient for those of us in Southern MD.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tollermama View Post
    I'd be happy to lead a women's trip in the northeast/ New England area. I like to backpack, paddle, hike etc. I prefer not to car camp though but would do that if it were in an out of the way place without too many people. Any takers? I live in Massachusetts but am always up for going someplace in VT or NH. I love Maine, though it is a tad far and I am going there a bunch this camping season. Maybe in April before the bugs come out? Not too cold, not too warm? Let me know anybody.
    Camping and parks have become so popular, especially in the high population East coast, that most of the more popular parks within an easy drive are insanely crowded on the weekends/holidays. Only retirees get the parks to themselves anymore! For example, Acadia National Park is imposssible to enjoy in solitude anymore. The National Park Service should give out timed tickets via lottery to make it less crowded, like it is done out west in places like Yosemite and the Wonderland trail...Just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Check in with Lil Princess or tollarmama I think they are planning something of a ladies hike and hang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just posted an interest thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...31#post1864131

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    We are planning our 2nd annual women's hang in central MA if anyone is interested!
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Darn, that’s too far for me. Good luck and have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Hammock
    Ninox
    Tarp
    Ninox Fly
    Insulation
    Need help- Snugpac
    My friend and I are constantly looking for places to Hammock camp from down here in Bowling Green, KY. She is doing the Sheltowee Trace challenge again this year and uses her hammock.
    We even come with Turtle dog stands just to make sure we don't run into problems with no Trees, or not allowed to Hang.
    We might be able to swing something in PA.

I have converted a few people. I have 1 friend in Michigan looking to gear up and another in Toledo Ohio.

We know some places on the east side of Ky and TN and did you know there are 2 campgrounds in Birmingham AL that are great to hang in?

Glad to see women enjoying Hammocks.

Keeping an eye on this thread...I am always interested in an excuse to get out and hang! Typically depends on whether I can get off work for the weekend or not.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HangTightDesigns
    Suspension
    Whoopies n stuff
    Hi everyone - New hanger here, was able to get out with a gf in mid-October for 3 nights. Would be down for finding a group to hang with again. Camping has been a great way to get away from stresses of pandemic, election year madness. If anyone else is game, let's connect!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast