Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello from the UK

Hello all, Tom from Northampton in the UK.
    Still to try out a hammock. I ordered one from a UK maker at Christmas and not yet received it, they're not replying to messages either, so it looks like I'm going to have to claim back on my card.
    Been a floor sleeper so far, picked up a snugpak underquilt and some karribiners a while ago, I'm itching to get hanging.
    I regularly canoe and make my own paddles, want to do a few more overnighters this year when the weather improves, just getting the first signs of spring over here.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Hello from the other side....... of the pond! OK bad Adele joke. Welcome to the forum!! If you decide to try another hammock there's a vendor over there that sells Warbonnet hammocks. Their Black birds are nice and they have a comfy bridge hammock called a Ridge Runner. UKhammocks.co.uk
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA. Hopefully you'll find a good hammock vendor soon and be able to leave the ground for the trees. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Welcome from Northern Arkansas!

Thanks everyone, don't think ukhammocks sell them any more. Nothing listed on their website and they don't reply to messages.
    I might have a look into some more bridge options though, never really knew about them until now. Not sure that my Uq will work with one though.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Housefly, Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ HG TQ
    Suspension
    Buckles
    Have a look at Warbonnet Outdoors, they make a sweet bridge called the Ridgerunner and a great UQ especially for bridge hammocks called the Lynx.

Took the plunge and ordered an 11ft, wide Dutch hammock last night. Eagerly awaiting it's arrival now. Even with import tax it's going to be about 1/3Rd of price I could get a Wb into the UK for.
    After reading loads on here I was contemplating making my own, but there is a serious lack of material suppliers in Europe, you lot in the states are very lucky!

Welcome from Denmark! That's the same hammock I bought, and I'm loving it. Don't really have anything to compare it to, but coming from the ground, it's amazing!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pptom View Post
    I ordered one from a UK maker at Christmas and not yet received it, they're not replying to messages either, so it looks like I'm going to have to claim back on my card.
    UK Hammocks?
    Their customer service has really dropped off recently. They seem to be focusing more on the expeditions they do. Seems they don't handle comms whilst they are away. There has been hints that they are outsourcing their work.
    An alternative is Scotty Von Pork Chop (of this parish), he does good custom work at sensible prices.

--
    Gadget

Hammock
    HH Explorer Asym & Safari
    Welcome from Ontario Canada!

Bob
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast