Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    Your woods look a lot like the woods around here.

I agree that the trees look too far apart for your suspension height on the trees. From my paint program rough measurements, it looks like the straps are only about 5' off the ground, and the trees look to be about 18-19' apart. From the Ultimate hang calculator, for a 93" ridgeline, your straps should be around 6' to 6'6".

Eno hang.png

Also, it could be as simple as your adjustable ridgeline slipped, and is now longer than 93". Measure it.

Keep playing with it, and you'll get it.
    Last edited by DannyII; 03-21-2017 at 19:48.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft wide
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Hammeck Gear
    Suspension
    Dutch Straps
    I have the same set up. Like it's been recommended I set up the hammock to where it was comfortable to me. Then I took an adjustable ridge line and made it work that way. In the beginning I was just making it to complicated. To much tension, not enough tension. I was letting a formula drive my set up. Keep it simple philosophy works for me. I have a spot were I hang that has about the same distance in your picture. My straps are at least 6 ft. high on the tree. In the end just go with what works for you. Take care.

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I am doing some testing tonight on my ENO Double Nest. I'm using an 87" Zing-IT Ridge Line and I'm able to get a fairly flat lay. Problem with this hammock is that it's SHORT. I am 6'1" and I can get fairly flat in this hammock, but I think I'll need an 11' hammock for the long term.

Some pics for reference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Oil Skin Canvas
    Insulation
    Incubator 0 degree
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyII View Post
    Your woods look a lot like the woods around here.

I agree that the trees look too far apart for your suspension height on the trees. From my paint program rough measurements, it looks like the straps are only about 5' off the ground, and the trees look to be about 18-19' apart. From the Ultimate hang calculator, for a 93" ridgeline, your straps should be around 6' to 6'6".

Eno hang.png
    Also, it could be as simple as your adjustable ridgeline slipped, and is now longer than 93". Measure it.

Keep playing with it, and you'll get it.
    I got back out there this past weekend. I took a tape measure with me this time to play around. You are correct those trees are about 18 feet apart. I moved my straps as high up the trees as I could reach and it started to work a whole lot better.
    I do a lot of rigging in my job and we have what we call the riggers triangle. Our lifting rule of thumb is 60 degree pick with our slings. Which ironically is the same on a hammock. When everyone here says 30 I was thinking angle of strap from tree. That is not the case it is the angle of strap to hammock. Getting my angles right helped set the ridge exactly where I needed to be. Looking at the Ultimate hang calculator educated me as well.
    Thank you for everyone's help!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Oil Skin Canvas
    Insulation
    Incubator 0 degree
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by tcar0341 View Post
    I am doing some testing tonight on my ENO Double Nest. I'm using an 87" Zing-IT Ridge Line and I'm able to get a fairly flat lay. Problem with this hammock is that it's SHORT. I am 6'1" and I can get fairly flat in this hammock, but I think I'll need an 11' hammock for the long term.

Some pics for reference.

I lay the opposite side as you and am the same height and my feet end up the exact same way! I understand that entirely. My wife got me this hammock this last Christmas so I will be using it for a long time and will make it work!

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by tcar0341 View Post

Some pics for reference.

Try hanging your foot end about 6-12" higher than the head end. It makes it feel like more room to spread out. Don't go too high, or you'll experience shoulder squeeze.

I 'm 6'0" and liked my Grand Trunk Double fine... until I made an 11' Hexon 1.6 wide one from a Dutchware/MakeYourGear kit. Super easy to make, and SOOOOOO much more comfortable, and about $26.
    Last edited by DannyII; 03-22-2017 at 06:31.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123