Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Tarp
    SLD
    Insulation
    EE Revolt
    Suspension
    Whoop-dee-doo
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhntMT View Post
    Just ordered a 0 degree Incubator. Game changer!
    Nearly a $100 difference for a penalty of around 4 oz. AMAZING

Hammock
    Dutchgear Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Future DIY
    Insulation
    Future DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I've been debating for MONTHS about my first underquilt and I think I've finally found the ticket! Exciting.

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Images
    I ordered a burnt orange 0 degree incubator. I'll also bring it to the Sipsey hang if it comes in.
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG/UGQ quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/straps
    Images
    Yeah, this is irresistible, so I just ordered a 40 degree Econ Incubator in Dark Olive. I can't wait to check it out, and it should look lovely wrapped around my red Chameleon once it arrives. It will be lovely for a warm weather hang!

Hammock
    Can't Choose, Love Them All
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    [QUOTE=GadgetUK437;1761228]That could be my fault, it sat in my cart for some time while I dithered...
    Subtotal: $149.95
    Shipping (USPS Priority International (Priority Mail International)): $61.25
    Grand Total: $211.20
    add on +8% import duty, +20% sales tax, +£8 handling charge)
    for an even grander total of £228.32
    That'll be $282.13 in your money.... too rich for my blood!!

Yikes Gadget, that's a shame! I had no idea about the fees, taxes and shipping international.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur20°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    can anyone speak to the difference in bulk between 800fp duck down on the econ and the 850FP goose down in the real world?

Meaning, will I really notice the difference between a 20° incubator and a 20° Econ once they are stuffed into a compression sack? I am not worried about a few oz but I dont want a ton more bulk. I am guessing the answer to this is "not really" or "hardly any" but wanted to see what the hive has to say.
    Last edited by Burg54; 03-20-2017 at 18:07.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    can anyone speak to the difference in bulk between 800fp duck down on the econ and the 850FP goose down in the real world?

Meaning, will I really notice the difference between a 20° incubator and a 20° Econ once they are stuffed into a compression sack? I am not worried about a few oz but I dont want a ton more bulk. I am guessing the answer to this is "not really" or "hardly any" but wanted to see what the hive has to say.
    It will be very slight. Much of the added weight and cost savings is in the fabric. That is denser and it will be slightly more fabric.

Adam cooked up this idea just a couple months ago. I knew it would change the market place forever. Funny thing is people use to make quilts all the time from 1.1 ounce per square yard fabric. Then people pushed the UL limits and pushed for more expensive 10 and 15 denier fabrics along with high fill power down. Now Adam comes full circle and makes old school quilts with his awesome design and craftsmanship. Since he still has the light weight fabrics available I think everyone wins. He's not just a pretty face.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I was looking for a quilt for a friend who is just getting started. Well I think his mind is made up and I will probably be adding some unexpected quilts to my quiver.
    If the minds of living beings are impure, their land is also impure, but if their minds are pure, so is their land. There are not two lands, pure or impure in themselves. The difference lies solely in the good or evil of our minds.

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur20°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It will be very slight. Much of the added weight and cost savings is in the fabric. That is denser and it will be slightly more fabric.

Adam cooked up this idea just a couple months ago. I knew it would change the market place forever. Funny thing is people use to make quilts all the time from 1.1 ounce per square yard fabric. Then people pushed the UL limits and pushed for more expensive 10 and 15 denier fabrics along with high fill power down. Now Adam comes full circle and makes old school quilts with his awesome design and craftsmanship. Since he still has the light weight fabrics available I think everyone wins. He's not just a pretty face.

Thanks, Dutch. Appreciate the insight.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    Clark Vertex, NX-270, 6 DIYs +new
    Tarp
    Vertex, DIY winter
    Insulation
    Zliner-HG 20 TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Varies
    I am just guessing that a set of 40degree econ incubator/burrow would not displace or be noticeably different in weight than my 20degree down set but for several hundred in reduced cost. I was trying to find a way to justify the 40s, this just made it easier. I wonder if I should invert the colors this time? Moracan blue outer with the black inner just to be different? Hmm.
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"