Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rain fly ?

rain fly ?

i'm new at hammock camping and just bought a hennesy hex fly and was wondering how to put it back in stuff sack fold it or stuff it

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    Stuff it.

Cheers,
    the Goat
    Cheers,
    The Goat

thanks goat appreciate it

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    Some people take the time to fold and roll and when done right it might give you a little bit of a easier time getting in back into the sack, but it takes longer to fold and roll as opposed to stuffing it, which is what I do too.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    HH Explorer Delux w/2QZQ Mo, WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HH SS, HG UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Desending Ring
    Get some snake skins. Roll up and slide them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Depends on if it is wet or dry and how much time you want to spend putting it away and also setting it up the second night. For example, if you keep guy lines attached to the tarp, and you stuff it, you might find those tangled about and the time you saved by not folding is now spent untangling the guy lines.

So just try it - see what works for you.

Because of some experiences I've had setting up in the wind (Wind 2, Paul 0), I'm either going for skins or those covered rubber bands girls and hippies (that's me) use to keep their hair back. Just roll half that tarp, and slide three or four bands down from the one end toward the center. Then to the same at the other end. Words don't work so well in this case. Just pull your tarp out of it's bag in 15 mph (or more) wind and try to set it up and you will understand.
    Last edited by cougarmeat; 03-28-2017 at 12:40.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit, SBP
    Tarp
    bushcraftUSA 12x10
    Insulation
    HG econ 30*
    Suspension
    straps w/ whoopies
    [[email protected];1763699]Depends on if it is wet or dry and how much time you want to spend putting it away and also setting it up the second night. For example, if you keep guy lines attached to the tarp, and you stuff it, you might find those tangled about and the time you saved by not folding is now spent untangling the guy lines.

Because of some experiences I've had setting up in the wind (Wind 2, Paul 0), I'm either going for skins or those covered rubber bands girls and hippies (that's me) use to keep their hair back. Just roll have that tarp, and slide three or four bands down from the one end toward the center. Then to the same at the other end. Words don't work so well in this case. Just pull your tarp out of it's bag in 15 mph (or more) wind and try to set it up and you will understand.[/QUO[/I]

Agreed ! I'm using my kids hairbands until my wife gets around to making some skins.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

rain fly ?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Depends on if it is wet or dry and how much time you want to spend putting it away and also setting it up the second night. For example, if you keep guy lines attached to the tarp, and you stuff it, you might find those tangled about and the time you saved by not folding is now spent untangling the guy lines.

Because of some experiences I've had setting up in the wind (Wind 2, Paul 0), I'm either going for skins or those covered rubber bands girls and hippies (that's me) use to keep their hair back. Just roll have that tarp, and slide three or four bands down from the one end toward the center. Then to the same at the other end. Words don't work so well in this case. Just pull your tarp out of it's bag in 15 mph (or more) wind and try to set it up and you will understand.
    Scrunchies I got, had a hard place on each one due to way they were made--I reckon there are better hair scrunchies that have no hard parts--anyway, I stopped using them.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    [QUOTE=hanging tough;1763726]
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Because of some experiences I've had setting up in the wind (Wind 2, Paul 0), I'm either going for skins or those covered rubber bands girls and hippies (that's me) use to keep their hair back. Just roll have that tarp, and slide three or four bands down from the one end toward the center. Then to the same at the other end. Words don't work so well in this case. Just pull your tarp out of it's bag in 15 mph (or more) wind and try to set it up and you will understand.[/QUO[/I]

Agreed ! I'm using my kids hairbands until my wife gets around to making some skins.
    I don't use scrunchies and I don't use skins--so I can have a time setting tarp in wind. I always get larger stuff sacks than stuff sack enclosing new tarp or hammock--makes packing much easier.

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    So far I've been using a double ended stuff sack and a Derek Hansen style dutch hook and fly CRL. I go around the tree with the hook end, set the hook in the d ring, take the open end though the opposite d ring, around the tree and pull around the hook on the fly attached to my tarp. It all deploys quick and easy (although typing it out makes it sound much more complicated, I realize now...) Haven't had any trouble with it in wind. I will admit that I've not yet set up in super high wind, but have set up several times this way in 15-20 mph sustained winds. And I have had the key ring I was using on the tarp end get torn out by high gusts. Thing opened up into a "u". Luckily they are cheap and I carry spares.

Cheers,
    the Goat
    Cheers,
    The Goat

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast