Greeting fellow hammockers... I am not a newbie to camping, in fact I love the outdoors. but I am a new convert! Both my camping buddy ( he will be here soon) and I have new hammocks that we are itching to start camping in.

Any tips would be great so I will be spending a lot of time here in the forum.

Wish me luck and I will see you on the trail. And I will have some great food with me since I usually become the cook. even back in my car-camping days, Good-Ole-Steve (my real name) always had the cooler full of breakfast food.

Any camping trip we went on the usual question was if I was to do the cooking. if not, I was quickly nominated to be the camp cook -which I didnt mind at all.

So, now that we are hiking into camp instead of driving up to the fire pit, the challenge is for me to find some light-weight and takes up little space but still tasty food to take on the trail.

And since I love a good challange and refuse to retire my chef's hat, I plan on making some tasty discoveries.

I also accept all tips and suggestions on tasty dishes to eat on the trail - under the tarp - and out of the back of a pickup.

I have even surprised some of my hunting buddies when I stayed in my climbing stand ALL DAY with only a couple pounds of food, water and a P-bottle. when I told them what I ate, they wish they had joined me instead of coming down from their stand to hoof it Mickey-Dees.

I just laugh and burp.

I am sure it will be a pleasure and a learning experience being here.
Good bless to all and dont forget to leave no sign.

-Steve