Clark Camo NX-250
    Tarp
    EOS 4 Season
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20&#7
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopie Sling

I just jumped off the deep end!

Well, I did it. I finally made my decision to go with the NX-250 w/Z-Liner, placed my order, and am now patiently awaiting delivery. Maybe not patiently, but I am waiting. I feel like a ton of weight has lifted off my shoulders. I've been so obsessed with the whole ordeal of reading and searching and more reading. I glad that's over. Now I start planning my first outing. I'm just giddy.

I really like the design of the NX-250. The spacious dome cover. The storage pockets both down under and up top. I Like the fact that the tarp is not connected to the hammock. This allows me to setup my tarp quickly during bad weather and keep my hammock dry during setup if needed. The weather shield for extra warmth will come in very handy since I'm a winter camper by heart. It's just not camping if you can't build a fire and enjoy it. I also like the fact that the NX-250 is large enough for me to live should my wife choose to exclude me from the house when you looks at the bank statement. I don't fully understand the higher prices, but it has all the features that I was looking for and it fits my 5' 10" 245 lb build. I was a little worried about some of the hammocks that were rated at 250 lbs. If I wore too many clothes to sleep I might bring the whole hammock down on top of me.

Anyway, when she gets here I'll post my first impressions with lot of pics for those still trying to make what some would say is a very difficult decision.

Oh, did I say it's CAMO. Stealth night out. Oh yeah!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

Slinky

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Congrats on the hammock!!! When I bought my Clark, I didn't know about this site or about other hammocks. I'd just met this guy that had this hammock and he let me try it. I was totally in heaven and ordered mine within a week. Then I found this site and started reading..... I've been VERY happy with my Clark, just know that putting it up and taking it back down is a "learning" experience and that you will get better and better at it the more you practice. When I first got mine, my first time hanging it up, well I wish I'd had a camera because I promptly ended up on the ground! Make note to yourself to S-L-O-W-L-Y sit in your hammock!!! And then practice putting it up and taking down A LOT !!! I'm lucky, I've got lots of trees in my backyard, if you don't, then go to a local park where you can have your vehical near-by (and pack a lunch).
    Have fun and did I say...practice ?!!!!
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Congrats. The NX-250 is one cool hammock

Hammock
    Clark TX-250 Camo
    Tarp
    10X10 or 12X12
    Insulation
    Clark Z liner
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Images

Oh man! You're gonna be spoiled now!

You're gonna love the NX-250! I think mine's the cat's pajamas!

I personally don't care for the Clark tarps, but you may like it. I opted to order without a tarp, and I use either a 10'x10' Campmor Versatile tarp or a DIY 12'x12' square tarp for increased coverage.

Consider changing out the suspension for a "ring buckle"-type set up...It makes pitching waaaay easier.

Did I mention how much you're gonna love that thing!?! ENJOY!
    Yesterday's tomorrow is tomorrow's yesterday. It's the only day that counts.

Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Equinox 10 X 12
    Insulation
    DIY 3 season UQ
    Congratulations on a great looking hammock. I got a Clark North American 2 years ago and love it. Never went back to ground sleeping again.
    "Sometimes only nature felt real, while all human monuments and actions seemed to be the settings and the plots of dreams"

"So many people live in the past or the future and betray the present."

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by molawns View Post
    Consider changing out the suspension for a "ring buckle"-type set up...
    Or switch to the adjustment with the Clark drip rings. I switched out the stock poly rope with 1/8" Amsteel with the drip rings and 2 CAMP Nano biners that attach to the tree straps. It just as easy to adjust as the ring buckles but with less failure points.

I used this video as my inspiration.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    I second the useing the Clark Drip Rings & switching out the hammock ropes for amsteel. My tree straps are home-made from mule tape (w/loops sewn into each end) and I just run my amsteel hammock rope through the loop and back to the drip ring and tie off with 3 half hitches (w/the last one being a slip half hitch). I couldn't see where the biners helped or hindered so I don't use them.

(if I've named that knot wrong, please blame it on the early hour and my brain not being engaged)
    TinaLouise

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Congrats on the new Clark..........the others are right about the fact that you will LOOVVVEEEEEEE this hammock. I have the NX-200 and love it. Don't worry about the weight and size thing, I am close to 300 lbs and just over 6 ft tall, you will be fine.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly

Hammock
    Clark Camo NX-250
    Tarp
    EOS 4 Season
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20&#7
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopie Sling
    Pics are coming just a soon as I get this bad boy in-house. Still no word from Clark about shipment. I do plan on switching out the suspension system and doing a little pimping. I may even try my hand at sewing with my daughter's new sewing machine she got for Christmas. But since this is my first hammock I'm waiting until I have a chance to experience how the system comes stock. I can see the advantages to having carabiners, drip rings, descending rings, adjustable straps, and what not. I just haven't made up my mind which way to go. Remember I'm a newbie, I need to crawl just a bit before I start sprinting. I'll should get alot of first hand experience at the East Texas Hang in March. Can't wait...
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

Slinky

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast