Hammock
    WBRR or Clark North American
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Reaper
    Suspension
    Cinch/Helios/Atlas
    I have a burnt orange tarp. Some months I LOVE IT, some months I wish it was coyote brown. That being said, I get over it and love the burnt orange when hunting season opens up and I'm camping and highly visible.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    I like the inside of my underquilt brighter and contrasting the color of my hammock. More than once I have settled my full weight into what I thought was my hammock but was only my underquilt.
    I worry about that happening. Someone poated about their wife taking a nasty fall when she went to get into her Multicam rig. She grabbed the UQ instead of the hammock
    and sat. Ever since I read that I have each piece different.

My white tarp is blinding in some conditions.
    I like bright happy colors, they really help on grey mornings.

Olive yellow blends in here in the NW, I am really surprised.

Red is my love.

I made a quilt out of white/robin egg blue, I like it, but it will be on my bed at home, too fussy for hanging.
    I did lime and yellow down TQ, need sunglasses with it.

Have not tried black, kind of tired of it. Blue dies not interest me.

For me color and mood go together. I do not likw all the grey days we have here, brighter colors help with SAD, that I have here in western Oregon. Wete we lived in Canada it is cold -45C is about normal 10 months out of 12, however we have 350 sunny days.

I pick which quilt by the weather conditions. Dark sky bright quilt, bright sun, softer color. However RED is my favorite, can't have too much red.

If I had it to do over, camo would not be used. My camo is sadly out dated. I love a lot of Cabela's camo, it really blends in with the terrain.

Ever regret a color choice?

No way. You can see me and my hot pink hammock from space!!!

I want my hammock and tarp to blend in as much as possible with the surrounding area. If I sleep in I don't want to stand out like the pink elephant in the room. Firstly because other people have the right to a nice view of not me, and secondly, if I'm sleeping late, reduced chances of people coming to ask what Im doing mid-dream.

I like to set up at dusk and break camp around dawn, so having colors that contrast well under green or red light are nice. But thats my use, maybe not yours.

Fortunately, I don't have a hot pink tarp... yet

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by makingitoutdoors View Post
    There are so many color options it's hard to decide but I'm curious if any are uncomfortable or cause problems.

I know camo tree straps get lost and white bug netting is bad (I don't remember why), and I don't how tarp colors act in high temps but I'm wondering if you've ever picked a color for a hammock, tarp, or other project and then regretted it.
    I bought a length of Robin's Egg Blue fabric once. It looked darker on the web site. When I pulled it out of the envelope and stretched it out, the wife said, "What are you making, a bridesmaids dress?" Yeah, it was that sort of color. Then I tie dyed it with black and dark green, but it was my first attempt at tie dying, and most of the color bled and washed out, so the fabric looked like a moldy old bruise. It was truly hideous.
    I have redeemed myself with that color (robin egg blue with red and navy tie dye) but the first one was awful.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I regretted the color choice of the person who originally purchased my DH Raven. But over time the comfort has won out and orange/blue is becoming okay ;-)

Would suggest that you choose colors which blend/don't clash with the foliage in your area. Often, people purchase high visibility tarps and gear only to wish they could more easily blend in with the surroundings.

HTH...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12