HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies

stock tarp ?

for some reason i sometimes have a bit of trouble with my stock tarp .. sagging when i add my weight in the hammock . i then will have to get back out to adjust.. so i was thinking about some sort of shock cord to the tarp tie outs instead of the cheap cordage it comes with.. ..is anyone else had or have this problem? if so what did you do to fix this? pics are nice also
    thank you

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Hex/Grizz Beak
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That's a pretty common occurrence with the Hennessy tarp. You could try your shock cord idea, but most people put some cord on the tarp and tie it off directly to the trees. That way you can pull it nice and tight and laying in the hammock won't affect it.

Jerry
    The "Search" function is your friend!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite & WBBB 1.0 Double
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/No Snive
    Images
    Like Jerry said, tie it to the trees. The instructions for this are even on the Hennessy website:

"Tips for getting the fly tension right
    One is to tie the fly separately to each tree first so you can set up the hammock in rainy conditions without getting the hammock wet. This means that when the weight goes on the hammock it does not lower the rainfly and consequently slack the fly tension. Another new tip is to tie the cord at one end of the fly, take it around the tree back through the same ring all the way across the underside of the fly through the ring at that end of the fly all the way around the tree and back to the ring at that end. This cord does two things - it keeps the fly taut, removes wrinkles in the top of the fly and helps to prevent any water collection in the wrinkles of the fly.

Another really good tip is to tie the side tie outs for the rainfly as far as out as possible, either to the ground or to bushes or branches and hang a weight right at each side corner of the rainfly.When the fly gets wet and stretches, instead of getting loose and saggy, the weight will automatically lower the fly for storm conditions and maintain the same rainfly tension as when it was dry"

I have wondered if it would not be more effective to not tie the tarp to a tree, but have the tarp hang down held by weights, to keep it against the side of the hammock. It would seem this would help with temp control and not have the problem with the tarp shifting.

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images

Fix for the tarp droop

I made loops from shock cord. Each one is about two inches. I connected one side of the loop to the tarp and then the other on the ridgeline. One on each end of the tarp. I also have them on the guy outs. I stretch them out a bit to allow for constant tension. It seems to be working just fine so far.

• + New Posts