Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

UGQ BANDIT

I was just on the UGQ website to check the order status of some new gear that i have on order and seen that Paul has now started taking orders for the new Bandit Topquilt,.
    They are being sold at special intro pricing that is Amazing, in some case's the savings on a new Bandit can be as much as $60.00 lower than what the regular pricing will be once the sale is over, check it out here -
    http://www.undergroundquilts.com/bandit/default.html

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Man... and I already have a UGQ underquilt and a UGQ winter tarp in the works... Sooooo tempting...

Is THIS what the sewn footbox looks like? The drop-down box on the order page says "Flat-Sewn", but this is something else. Does the footbox style affect the usable length on the Bandit? (I would probably have to get the 84" anyway, since the 78" is probably just a hair too short for me, but manufacturer input would be welcome.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Is THIS what the sewn footbox looks like? The drop-down box on the order page says "Flat-Sewn", but this is something else. Does the footbox style affect the usable length on the Bandit? (I would probably have to get the 84" anyway, since the 78" is probably just a hair too short for me, but manufacturer input would be welcome.
    Yes it is, the Flat Sewn Box is something we have played with for the past year, adds more room to the traditional "Flat Sewn" and is actually quite warm considering it is not a true insulated foot box. It only affects the length of the quilt as much as the traditional snap and draw, quilt is the same build for either foot box, one just gets a draw cord added and once gets a few extra minutes in the fabric welder...
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    Man... and I already have a UGQ underquilt and a UGQ winter tarp in the works... Sooooo tempting...

Yup, same here, i allready have orders in the works but at these intro prices i am having a VERY hard time not ordering another set of topquilts!
    Really, there isn't anything wrong with having a set of 20° quilts to add to my current collection of 0° and 30° set ups!??
    Normally this would not be so tempting but every quilt i have purchased from UGQ has been AMAZING, the quality and craftmanship on thier gear is second to none imo.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    Yes it is, the Flat Sewn Box is something we have played with for the past year, adds more room to the traditional "Flat Sewn" and is actually quite warm considering it is not a true insulated foot box. It only affects the length of the quilt as much as the traditional snap and draw, quilt is the same build for either foot box, one just gets a draw cord added and once gets a few extra minutes in the fabric welder...
    Thanks for the clarification, Paul. I placed my order for a new 20-degree Bandit to match exactly my Zeppelin that's already in the works. It's a nice way to save $55. I'm going to be warm next winter...
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB CB / UGQ WD
    Insulation
    WB Lynx / LL GP
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Just ordered a 0* for me and a 40* for my wife. Now we both have winter and summer quilts. Ready to go!

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    So the only difference between the Bandit and the Renegade is the footbox option?. Ahhh..it lacks the "contoured shaping" of the Renegade too. Any other differences?
    Last edited by Kroma; 04-03-2017 at 21:41.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    So the only difference between the Bandit and the Renegade is the footbox option?. Ahhh..it lacks the "contoured shaping" of the Renegade too. Any other differences?
    The RENEGADE is fully contoured and has a full differential which is not that common in traditional top quilts. Both of these add substantially to the labor required to make a RENEGADE. The only other shaped/differential quilts I'm aware of on the market are from Katabatic Gear and Nunatak Gear, both priced in the same ball park as the RENEGADE. The BANDIT does not include those features.

We wanted to bring some of the features from the RENEGADE to a more cost effective quilt for those that do not need all the bells and whistles. The chamber layout which we first used on the RENEGADE provides for two things, one better drape across the torso, and two better down management in the quilt overall. The vertical chambers on the torso allow the quilt to drop down on the user providing for less dead air, they also prevent the down from shifting to the sides making for a thin spot in the center. Both of those increase the efficiency of the quilt over a traditional quilt.

This quilt works great and at the INTRO price is a heck of a deal...
    Last edited by sr1355; 04-04-2017 at 05:51.
    Happy Hangin'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Quote Originally Posted by sr1355 View Post
    The RENEGADE is fully contoured and has a full differential which is not that common in traditional top quilts. Both of these add substantially to the labor required to make a RENEGADE. The only other shaped/differential quilts I'm aware of on the market are from Katabatic Gear and Nunatak Gear, both priced in the same ball park as the RENEGADE. The BANDIT does not include those features.

We wanted to bring some of the features from the RENEGADE to a more cost effective quilt for those that do not need all the bells and whistles. The chamber layout which we first used on the RENEGADE provides for two things, one better drape across the torso, and two better down management in the quilt overall. The vertical chambers on the torso allow the quilt to drop down on the user providing for less dead air, they also prevent the down from shifting to the sides making for a thin spot in the center. Both of those increase the efficiency of the quilt over a traditional quilt.

This quilt works great and at the INTRO price is a heck of a deal...
    Thanks for the breakdown!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown!
    No problem, this is a soft launch of the quilt to get some product out on the market. We'll be doing a full launch with an official announcement when we have a few other things line up.
    Happy Hangin'

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast