Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I'd like to see the same kind of things on the bugnet. A super close shot of the hem from both sides and then any other differences and sewing spots you can think would be nice to see in making a similar design.

I'm starting with 2.2hex70 for a durable hammock my son can learn with and then a 1.7 robic xl in the new wider purple for myself to backpack with. I've never seen an integrated hammock in person so I've been researching and ordering up things like crazy and the hem is the part I'm most concerned with as I'm a touch ocd with what I make.

I've never seen an integrated hammock before in person so any little details are helpful for me in making decisions. Thanks for all of your help.

Quote Originally Posted by James Fowler View Post
    Checked with Dutch and Dutch doesn't mind, so let me know if there's anything specific you want to see on the bugnet side.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    TBD...
    Insulation
    XLC Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Dutch Bl
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by buds007 View Post
    I'd like to see the same kind of things on the bugnet. A super close shot of the hem from both sides and then any other differences and sewing spots you can think would be nice to see in making a similar design.

I'm starting with 2.2hex70 for a durable hammock my son can learn with and then a 1.7 robic xl in the new wider purple for myself to backpack with. I've never seen an integrated hammock in person so I've been researching and ordering up things like crazy and the hem is the part I'm most concerned with as I'm a touch ocd with what I make.

I've never seen an integrated hammock before in person so any little details are helpful for me in making decisions. Thanks for all of your help.

Not sure the best way to throw up a bunch of pictures, so for now I'm putting them in an album, which hopefully you'll be able to find here. I'll try and get a few more pictures during the day tomorrow when there's better light.

Hammock
    DIY GE 1.6 HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    MAKE SURE you use the TABBED half of the Vision zippers (with the zipper pulls) on the net side and the remaining half on the hammock body, so you have full compatability with factory Dutchware Chameleon products, e.g., nets, top covers, Sidecar, etc.
    Was just about to ask if I could use half of a vision zipper on each side of the body, basically buying only one zipper instead of two. This leads me to believe that I cannot, is that true? (reading comprehension!)

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrhyno View Post
    Was just about to ask if I could use half of a vision zipper on each side of the body, basically buying only one zipper instead of two. This leads me to believe that I cannot, is that true? (reading comprehension!)
    That is correct, you would need two separate zippers. As Cowboy said, you attach the sides without the zipper pulls to the hammock body. Dutch's bugnets/topcovers come with the zipper pulls on both sides, so that you can easily reverse the orientation.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Pulled this one out of storage this weekend, a single layer of 1.1 ripstop nylon with matching adjustable-tension zipper hoods. Hammock body weighs 320 grams (11.3 oz), and with a Dutchware factory bug net installed the hammock still stays under one pound...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Smoke on the water...

Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I think I'm going to attempt to make one of these. I've debated about net/netless and then I remembered I live where the provincial bird is the mosquito, and netless just isn't an option.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Huggers/Muletape
    Kitsapcowboy, I’m always impressed with everything you make. Your creativity is inspiring and I especially love that you are always genourous to your friends and this community.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTapeMessiah View Post
    Kitsapcowboy, I’m always impressed with everything you make. Your creativity is inspiring and I especially love that you are always genourous to your friends and this community.
    Thanks, DTM. Your words are very kind and much appreciated at this time. Glad you find my project reports useful. Best to you.

This was my second ever diy hammock project. Thanks to the info in this thread, I was able to complete it without issue. And my Dutchware bugnet zipped in successfully! Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast