Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Yucatan hammock deserves a Yucatan blanket.
    Loud and colorful. Tie the blanket in place.
    You're indoors, it wont take much to keep you warm. Double up the blanket if you do get cold.
    Attachment 148671
    Those are insane, when I dial in the setup, that is 100% what we will be using. I don't need much, and the thin comforter I was sleeping on worked for most the night, so that on top and the wool/Yucatan blankey under me should be plenty.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranc0r View Post
    Here is an extensive thread from the DIY subforum on the matter of klew suspensions - https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ng-Get-A-Clew-)
    Thank you very much Ranc0r...On it with a wool blanket this weekend, thanks. This is basically what I was thinking, except I was going to to sew buttons, to the wool blanket. Sorry for the miss, I searched but obviously not well enough, my bad.

Hammock
    HH Expl Dlx, Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Tadpole
    Insulation
    HH SS, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    various
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Thank you very much Ranc0r...On it with a wool blanket this weekend, thanks. This is basically what I was thinking, except I was going to to sew buttons, to the wool blanket. Sorry for the miss, I searched but obviously not well enough, my bad.
    You are most welcome. The Gemini Under Quilt does exactly that but to a Costco down throw blanket, and with kam snaps.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...wn-Convertible
    Thanks,
    Ranc0r

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Do you sleep on it, or is it setup like a UQ?
    I have the afghan just doubled up on top of the hammock, and sleep on top of it (kinda like a fitted sheet I guess?)

knitted wool doesn't really suffer from compression issues. obviously you have to adjust it a bit as you get in, but that's all I use as bottom insulation and I'm good to below freezing in that sunroom (no wind which is a big part)
    20170414_194309.jpg
    nap from 2-4ish today, hovering around 2c (34 - 35 F give or take)
    SHealth_19_55_24_598.png
    Last edited by Tikker; 04-14-2017 at 20:58. Reason: added pic and infoz

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I used sheep skins when I first started Hanging. Okay for one person. There are Woolies available, wool woven. I know they run from crib size to CA King. You could get creative and felt wool, make a pad. I make socks by felting wool fibres into the shapes I need, then I hook them together. Very warm.
    You could knit or crochet the shape you need and then felt it. The wool would be very dense, heavy, tough and moisture resistant. Sleeping on it would not compress it to much it would still insulate.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
    I have the afghan just doubled up on top of the hammock, and sleep on top of it (kinda like a fitted sheet I guess?)

knitted wool doesn't really suffer from compression issues. obviously you have to adjust it a bit as you get in, but that's all I use as bottom insulation and I'm good to below freezing in that sunroom (no wind which is a big part)
    20170414_194309.jpg
    nap from 2-4ish today, hovering around 2c (34 - 35 F give or take)
    SHealth_19_55_24_598.png

Some good sleeping for a few hours.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Ok so here is what I came up with , will adjust as needed. Thank you all for the ideas. I laid in it for a few minutes and can feel no drafts except towards my feet and it's minimal. I can pull most of the of the quilt you see hanging down over the edges of the hammock and use it for cover or added insulation by laying on top of it as needed. As it is, it works like a champ. Think I found the perfect solution and have you all to thank. Love this site.

20170415_190333.jpg20170415_190405.jpg20170415_190425.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RTR; 04-15-2017 at 20:45.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Ok so here are my thoughts after two nights of sleep. Klew with loops seem way to stiff when using 1/8 shock cord, REI only had 1/8 so I am going to move away from the Klew setup like it is. Going to use single lines and add two more connection points, this will bring me to 7 on the UQ and may help with a few sagging areas while also being more flexible.

Like I said earlier, it works fine as is, just trying to make it perfect. Want to slide in just as simple as it would be in a bed. The transition is a bit harder on my wife as she hasn't used one before. So I am looking for every tiny upgrade so I will never have to go back to a bed again.

Images
    I keep a Costco blanket on clews on my indoor hammock. Works great.

@RTR: 1/8" is too heavy. You need 1/16". If you have more than about 10 anchors, consider 1/32". You might also try adding more attachments to close up the gaps on the ends. Shoot for a maximum of 8" between anchors.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    I keep a Costco blanket on clews on my indoor hammock. Works great.

@RTR: 1/8" is too heavy. You need 1/16". If you have more than about 10 anchors, consider 1/32". You might also try adding more attachments to close up the gaps on the ends. Shoot for a maximum of 8" between anchors.
    Copy, I will look at adding more Klews and verify the 8" max distance tonight. Currently with the 1/8th shock cord I get minimal compression on the UQ. And I feel if I switch to a single cord instead of a loop it should be even better. As is it works great, and I feel swapping out and spending more $$ to get 1/16th would be a very minimal advantage, this is a 100% indoor setup, drafts and excess temp loss is almost non-existent. Going to re-do the Klew setup tonight and see the difference, once I get it dialed it should be an easy duplicate for my wife's setup.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast