Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Wrong Size Wooki / Customer Service

After a ton of research, I bought my very first UQ in February. I decided on the Wooki for the ease of it - just attaching it to my BB and not having to worry about any adjustments appealed to me. It arrived in March and I had a chance to use it a few weeks ago on an overnight at a local campground. I noticed right away that it was too loose and there was a huge gap between my hammock and the UQ. I figured that maybe I did something wrong with hanging the hammock (I'm very new to this), and decided to just rig the UQ for the night and I'd figure it out next time I hung.

I went to MAHHA this last weekend and set up the UQ again, to find out the same thing was happening (pictures attached). I was perplexed. Surely, it isn't supposed to be like this. I checked my label on the UQ, thinking that maybe they sent me one for the XLC, but nope, the tag says R. One of the MAHHA attendees, Scott, came and introduced himself and I asked him if he happened to have a Wooki, and low and behold, he did. I asked him to check my setup and make sure everything looked right - it did - except for the sag on the UQ. He went and checked the label on his XLC Wooki and it did say XLC. The only thing we could think of was that it was the incorrect length. He gave me a dogbone to help me easily stretch the UQ and that was taken care of for the night.

On Sunday night I emailed Warbonnet the pictures and explained the problem, wondering if I had the incorrect size. Ryan emailed me back on Monday confirming that it looks like I have an XLC Wooki that was mislabeled as a Regular. He apologized and said they would be sending me a return shipping label so I could send my Wooki back and that they would be mailing me a correct-size Wooki by Thursday of this week. Also, for my troubles, they would be crediting me back $15.

I typically don't write large reviews like this, but I felt it was important to share my experience and this level of customer service. Not only did they do the right thing in replacing my equipment and making sure I didn't have to pay to ship something back for a mistake that wasn't mine, but they went above that in crediting back some funds for my trouble. And they did it all with a turnaround time of less than 24 hours. This is just not the kind of customer service you would get from a large manufacturer.

So thanks again Warbonnet for fixing this and making it right. This is the kind of thing that keeps customers coming back.

IMG_2361.jpg IMG_2362.jpgIMG_2364.jpgIMG_2365.jpg

P.S. - I don't know why 3 of the 4 pictures are rotated incorrectly. I took them in Portrait mode, and it seems like HF is switching them to Landscape automatically. I'm not too savvy with HF + pictures

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    HG 20˚TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by souperjen24 View Post
    One of the MAHHA attendees, Scott, came and introduced himself and I asked him if he happened to have a Wooki, and low and behold, he did. I asked him to check my setup and make sure everything looked right - it did - except for the sag on the UQ. He went and checked the label on his XLC Wooki and it did say XLC. The only thing we could think of was that it was the incorrect length. He gave me a dogbone to help me easily stretch the UQ and that was taken care of for the night.
    Jen, I'm happy for this good resolution. Warbonnet really came trough.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    Jen, the same thing happened to me. I talked with Ryan on a Friday afternoon and I had the new correct one on Monday. Ryan even followed up with an e-mail to make sure everything was all right. Extreme positive customer service!
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

Hammock
    Warbird BB xlc
    Tarp
    Agua Quest Guide L
    Insulation
    Ghost Pepper, C. R
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Good to hear Jen. great customer service.
    "And into the Forest I Go... to Lose my Mind and Find my Soul"
    Unknown

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Glad to hear you got that resolved! I knew Warbonnet would take care of you.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks all, me too!

• + New Posts