Thread: Hello from CT

Hello from CT

Hi All,

Long time lurker here. We have been doing day hikes for years and I spent many of my early childhood days hiking Tatra mountains. Recently got into backpacking and started doing AT sections. Although I'm located in CT I will be doing lot of my hikes in Vermont and White Mountains.

Just decided to pull the trigger on Warbonnet Ridge Runner double layer. I do most of my hiking in the Winter (not overnight, yet) and Fall/Spring. For now, hammock will serve Spring/Fall and summer duties. I will be pairing it up with an insulated sleeping pad (3" thick) and 30" wide (if it fits). As well as a 20 degree sleeping bag and a breathable emergency bivy for "just in case" (gear I already have). I hope this holds me over for low 40s/upper 30s weather. Not really planning on going below that (yet).

One of the main reasons for hammock purchase is a) Comfort and b) the Whites - to give me ability to camp out just about anywhere off trail. For now, I'm just using 2lb 10x10 camo Poly tarp I will rig up myself. I will see how that works and take it from there. Hard to justify spending 500% more on 1 lb savings.

I also don't mind extra weight. I'm in great shape, fit, play tons of sports and also do daily exercises and weightlifting. 35-40lbs pack is no big deal. But I am working on working it down as I learn. I often struggle to understand the entire ultralight thing. Most people I meet on trails that talk about weight are quite heavy and unfit.

We also do lot of kayaking/camping, Carp fishing/camping and car camping so this set up will be for multi function purpose.
    Last edited by SectionHiker; 04-27-2017 at 14:44.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    Welcome from Northern Arkansas! You'll findnplenty of folks to answer questions and help out as you figure out the best hang for you! Good luck!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Welcome from Florida!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    Hello and welcome from Marietta GA. Happy hanging!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hello from Alabama! I love my Warbonnet gear....a SuperFly tarp. Great vendor!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• + New Posts