Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch

NCal Outfitters Hammock Review Videos

Hey Gang! I reviewed a hammock from a company called NCal Outfitters this weekend and there were many things that impressed me. They are a father and son team originally out of the San Francisco Bay area and have recently relocated to the Portland, OR area. The dad is an engineer and the son went to school for business...match that with their equal love for the outdoors and they decided to start the business.

The hammock itself is is in direct competition with ENO's hammocks...however, not only is it more than half the price (Under $40 on Amazon right now), but it comes with an upgraded cinch buckle system! They also took it a step farther by getting a patent (pending) on relocating the stuff sack from the center of the hammock to near the end to make set up and take down easier. The only grip, and its not really a grip, was, like the ENO hammocks, the hammock was only 9 ft long...not really suitable for overnight camping in my opinion.

I put together two videos...the first is a full unboxing and hang demonstration and the second is a shorter overview.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Chum!; 05-01-2017 at 10:29.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Any maker in the youth first time hanger market, like ENO loungers, should be commended for selling the strap/webbing with the hammock - thereby not allowing a first time hanger to make a mistake with ropes.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Any maker in the youth first time hanger market, like ENO loungers, should be commended for selling the strap/webbing with the hammock - thereby not allowing a first time hanger to make a mistake with ropes.
    Truth! I often wonder how many first time hangers become last time hangers after using an inferior product and get disappointed...

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

NCal Outfitters Hammock Review Videos

For me, comfort is number one priority. I went from Eno Doublenest about 9 foot 4 inches----to WildernessLogics NightOwl 11 feet long. And then got Marty at WildernessLogics to make a 12foot long by 6foot wide single layer using Hexon Wide 1.6
    Most comfortable by far--flat lay, like a recliner that lays down flat--no calf ridge--no foot scrunch with foot bent inwards at hammock's edge.
    Unlikely to happen--maybe engineer dad and businessman son will actually get to sleep in comfortable hammocks after a few overnights in too short hammocks.
    Business is business and they gotta make money somehow---best of luck everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    For me, comfort is number one priority. I went from Eno Doublenest about 9 foot 4 inches----to WildernessLogics NightOwl 11 feet long. And then got Marty at WildernessLogics to make a 12foot long by 6foot wide single layer using Hexon Wide 1.6
    Most comfortable by far--flat lay, like a recliner that lays down flat--no calf ridge--no foot scrunch with foot bent inwards at hammock's edge.
    Unlikely to happen--maybe engineer dad and businessman son will actually get to sleep in comfortable hammocks after a few overnights in too short hammocks.
    Business is business and they gotta make money somehow---best of luck everybody!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was my one suggestion to them...make a longer version and market it as a "camping" hammock".

• + New Posts