WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Custom OT Setup
    Suspension
    Webbing

Dream hammock raven /chameleon?

Would any of you who have one of these hammocks do me favor and tell me what your d ring and hook placement measurements are? Both external and internal. Trying to figure out which way to go. Pictures would help me too.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware

Chameleon-Compatible

I normally place my single tie-outs at approximate thirds along the long edge of my hammock body, or 42" to 44" from the gathered ends on an 11-foot (132" long) hammock. The Chameleon D-rings are spaced 12" on center, or approximately 6" to either side of a the typical single tie-out location. The 12" spacing allows the rings to be compatible with the Dutchware pockets. HTH...

Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    I normally place my single tie-outs at approximate thirds along the long edge of my hammock body, or 42" to 44" from the gathered ends on an 11-foot (132" long) hammock. The Chameleon D-rings are spaced 12" on center, or approximately 6" to either side of a the typical single tie-out location. The 12" spacing allows the rings to be compatible with the Dutchware pockets. HTH...

I don't think I noticed that grosgrain tab before. What do you think that's for?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Custom OT Setup
    Suspension
    Webbing
    What about dream hammocks?

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Man View Post
    What about dream hammocks?

I'm almost positive that Papa and Moma Smurf can meet or exceed any of your custom needs regarding your build, looking back I believe we sent over 30 emails going over details and additions and custom fabric and they were excited and happy to answer and accommodate my needs. That being said I will have to throw out a disclaimer. My hammock was built to my needs, My Raven build http://www.dream-hammock.com/order_d...tml?order=4458 #4458 and is a First Gen raven, I got the tie outs and they are approx 50 in from the whipping and 26-28'' apart give or take depending on how you measure and how I did. Now as far as other builds they may vary since each order is built to order and not mass produced. So every hammock in one way or another is one of a kind.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I don't have, need, or want tie outs on my Raven. Seems to be extra carp in the way. Primarily use a pad in the Raven and the pad would keep any mess out of my face anyway. Used a UQ under the Raven last night and still don't see a need for tie outs.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by mychal View Post
    I don't think I noticed that grosgrain tab before. What do you think that's for?
    The first photo is a close-up of showing the 12" spacing of the tabs on my DIY hammock that uses Vision zippers and accepts Chameleon nets and top covers. Vendor-built Dutchware Chameleons (second photo) DO NOT have that extra grosgrain loop, which gives me the option to use just a single corner tie-out point when in netless mode. They work just fine without being tied out -- just like the DH Raven -- but IMHO they work even better with the tie-outs employed. The pros and cons of tie-outs on hammocks have been broadly debated elsewhere, so I see no need to rehash them here except to say they weight penalty of those four loops is only a couple of grams, and they are easy to ignore or omit if they are not your style. The OP asked specifically about the tabs, so I did my best to provide the requested information. HYOH.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S and SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Some WL and UGQ
    Suspension
    straps/whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    The first photo is a close-up of showing the 12" spacing of the tabs on my DIY hammock that uses Vision zippers and accepts Chameleon nets and top covers. Vendor-built Dutchware Chameleons (second photo) DO NOT have that extra grosgrain loop, which gives me the option to use just a single corner tie-out point when in netless mode. They work just fine without being tied out -- just like the DH Raven -- but IMHO they work even better with the tie-outs employed. The pros and cons of tie-outs on hammocks have been broadly debated elsewhere, so I see no need to rehash them here except to say they weight penalty of those four loops is only a couple of grams, and they are easy to ignore or omit if they are not your style. The OP asked specifically about the tabs, so I did my best to provide the requested information. HYOH.
    Cool. I didn't realize the first picture was not a Chameleon. I thought Dutch had some new wild way to attach a microwave to a hammock that he didn't mention in the early videos or on Kickstarter, and that I just hadn't noticed the tab in pictures before.

• + New Posts