11' Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I would just go off the d-rings insread of doing the continual ridgeline. That will gain you some height.
    Shug
    This is what I have right now and don't have the time or money to order anything else. Any way to turn my CRL into what you are talking about? I have a Dutch hook on one end and a Wasp on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips View Post
    You are about my husbands height. He uses a folding plastic step stool to stand on to get the straps high enough.
    Sadly, not possible to take one when backpacking...trying to stay lightweight

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DuneElliot View Post
    This is what I have right now and don't have the time or money to order anything else. Any way to turn my CRL into what you are talking about? I have a Dutch hook on one end and a Wasp on the other.

Sadly, not possible to take one when backpacking...trying to stay lightweight
    Yes. You could just cut it in half.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY ROBIC
    Tarp
    OES MacCat SilPoly
    Insulation
    down bag, Klymit
    Suspension
    Kevlar+Str.Anchors
    Or use it as-is -- I prefer a continuous ridgeline myself, as do many others on here -- and just make sure your trees aren't too far apart. That seems like the main issue.

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    Is there an issue with running the CRL under the tarp with this particular tarp? That is how I do mine. I would also suggest maybe pulling the line a little tighter.

If you need to run the line above the tarp then I would change the Tato connectors for a couple prusiks on the CRL and get the tarp closer to the line. The Tato connectors look like they are adding to the problem and not solving anything.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by KBr00ks View Post
    Or use it as-is -- I prefer a continuous ridgeline myself, as do many others on here -- and just make sure your trees aren't too far apart. That seems like the main issue.
    I agree. It's mostly the tress. I think I pretty much got it set-up right, including the hammock (although it needs a couple of drip lines added).

Quote Originally Posted by rais'n hammock View Post
    Is there an issue with running the CRL under the tarp with this particular tarp? That is how I do mine. I would also suggest maybe pulling the line a little tighter.

If you need to run the line above the tarp then I would change the Tato connectors for a couple prusiks on the CRL and get the tarp closer to the line. The Tato connectors look like they are adding to the problem and not solving anything.
    I'd prefer not to have any undue rubbing or abrasion on a very expensive tarp.

Any link to show me how to add some Prussiks to it? I know what a Prussic is but how to I attach them to the loop on the tarp and what kind of cord should I use, that I could likely find locally (Ace, Walmart, Home Depot, ranch supply).

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I agree. It's mostly the tress. I think I pretty much got it set-up right, including the hammock (although it needs a couple of drip lines added).

I'd prefer not to have any undue rubbing or abrasion on a very expensive tarp.

Any link to show me how to add some Prussiks to it? I know what a Prussic is but how to I attach them to the loop on the tarp and what kind of cord should I use, that I could likely find locally (Ace, Walmart, Home Depot, ranch supply).
    Prussic knot t 3:25 in video below.
    Shug

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Yes. You could just cut it in half.
    Shug

If I cut it in half, how would I attach the cord I have to the plastic "eye holes" on the tarp? Is there a good knot to use?

I thought I'd like the CRL due to the supposed ability to adjust it easier over the hammock, but since I can't adjust the little Tato tarp-line hooks like I thought I'd be able to maybe it isn't as useful as I'd heard. Prussik knots seem like a better option for adjustment.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles

pretty much any cord that's not a slippery type, and you ideally want something slightly smaller diameter than your ridgeline

you just simply larkshead the cordage onto the d-rings, or tie points on the tarp, and then prussic it onto the ridgeline

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I went and found two other trees that were 5 large paces apart and think I have this sussed. The distance WAS too great and just causing the whole thing to sag too much. Maybe it wouldn't be if I could get the line up higher but I'm only 5'5 so not going to get it real high up and still be able to tighten it up...I'm already doing it on tip toes

The snake skin is a HG CF skin. I think the opening is 3/4 inch and plastic part of the Tato connector is an inch. If I leave it on it's already causing the seam on the sleeve to fail and come apart, and I've barely just put it on. (I will be contacting HG about that).

Now to set the hammock up underneath it.
    Glad you got this sorted and learned something along the way. I like the Tato connectors as they are a nice fail safe option especially for a CF tarp.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    If I cut it in half, how would I attach the cord I have to the plastic "eye holes" on the tarp? Is there a good knot to use?

I thought I'd like the CRL due to the supposed ability to adjust it easier over the hammock, but since I can't adjust the little Tato tarp-line hooks like I thought I'd be able to maybe it isn't as useful as I'd heard. Prussik knots seem like a better option for adjustment.
    Yes...tie a bight and larkshead it onto the d-rings. That is in the video.
    Shug

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast