Hennessy Expedition Asymmetrical - Good price?

Haven't owned any Hennessy hammocks yet...was cruising around online and found this one for $99 bucks with the tarp. Found a coupon code and it brought it down to $83.47 shipped. Seems like a good deal but thought I'd check here first to make sure I wasn't missing something. I can always give it to one of the kids if it doesn't work for me.

Go for it. I have one and use it from time to time. Mine is a "zip" - entry from the side after unzipping the bug net. There is also a classic model in which you enter through the bottom of the foot area. Once your in the bottom shuts due to your weight in the hammock. I've never been in a non zippered Hennessy so I can't really speak to how it feels or how it's different than the zip models.

I had three hammocks when I recently came across a new henessey backpacker ultra lite hammock in the REI returns area. I grabbed it for around $75 and never looked back! Turned out the zipper was stuck on the bug netting. One good yank and it was good as new.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    GOOD deal...
    You can certainly get about that back out of it if you want to change to something else later...
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

At $90, I'd buy it off you if you don't like it. I'd call it a pretty near zero risk tryout.

Seems like a great price

Hammock
    Dutch Wide , WB Sock, BIASbuginato
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    BeetleB & K straps
    I have a a classic velcro entry with the 4season kit I will be posting for sale just as soon as I can get some pics. If interested IM me.

I got a used Zip model from EBAY, and I have used it for the last 2 years. Before that I had a pre-asym Hennessy with the bottom entry opening. I had used it for 5 years prior to that. Any purchase you find for that money is a good deal. It seems like these things are indestructible.

I especially like the side tie outs. You don't have to use them, but if you do, the hammock will feel more like a bed, not moving very much. I find it to be very comfortable. Someday I may try a Blackbird hammock if I can find one in that price range.

I do not think very highly of the stock rain fly that comes with these hammocks. I have always found it difficult to get them to cover the hammock, and have found myself sitting in a pool of water on rainy nights. I would get a larger covering rain tarp for this purpose, and not try to connect it to the suspension lines. I have both a Hennessy Hex fly and a Kelty Noah 12. Both have great coverage so that I have weathered some harsh storms and come out dry. The Kelty can be pitched so that the corners fold in and become doors for privacy and further weather coverage. I use snake skins on both rain flys.

Have fun with your purchase.
    / \ /+\
    | ||
    |-|| ___
    | ||
    | | \__|

• + New Posts