Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug

Do you keep two tarps?(or more)

Hello,
    I have 2 tarps, started with the WBSF and then purchased HGCF w/ doors. I really love my CF tarp and haven't used my SF since I got it. I was thinking of selling the SF since I paid a significant amount of money for the CF tarp. Anyone use a CF tarp year round, and only the CF tarp? Or are there good reasons to use both throughout the year? Thanks for you thoughts.
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Sure, I have 3 tarps. A Cuben with doors, a 12' long spinnaker, and a DIY silnylon. I use the Cuben but keep the others for guests.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    You primarily use the CF?
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I have two rainflys. One is a beautiful red Gargoyle inspired tarp donated to me, the second is a small Asym. I almost always use the Ogee rainfly, in high summer, in deep forest I use the Asym to keep the mist off.
    Some places we hang have limited space for hanging.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Yeah, 2. One very minimal and another larger. I imagine if I had a cuben I'd do the same, maybe smallish and one with doors

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Are you asking if people buy multiple tarps for different situations? I primarily use my OldManWinter year round. I still have my Bullfrog, and I did an experiment over the winter where I used the Bullfrog as an inner layer to see what happened, but other than that, I don't anticipate going back and forth between them. If anything, I may end up getting a minimalist tarp for day-trips where I don't expect to overnight, but just in case, ya know? Sometimes the bicycle doesn't exactly cooperate with my plans and I've had to do unplanned overnights before, far from home, and wait for daylight to make repairs. Fortunately, in past cases, I had already been overnighting, and it was on my trip home, so I had my overnight gear with me.

I can imagine wanting different gear-sets for different situations though... Shade vs Rain vs Snow; car-camping/kayaking/cycling vs hiking; etc

I can also imagine some people just wanting variety of colors... And switching between them according to mood... Can't use a white tarp after labor day... And besides, it doesn't match my down beanie!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HyperD 1.6 DIY 11ft
    Tarp
    PolyD 4000 Cat hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies and hooks
    I have a 12 footer with doors that I use when the wife and I are going out together and hanging tandem or if I'm solo and the weather is pretty much going to suck the whole time. The whole family has 11 foot hex tarps for general purpose use and I plan on making two ultra light minimalist diamonds for guaranteed good weather for the wife and I, to keep bird poo, dew drops and tree nuts off of us, as we don't use bug nets. So, yes. We have more than one tarp for different purposes. I diy all my gear, though, so I have considerably less $$$ tied up in gear than many.
    Cheers,
    The Goat

Hammock
    Mackinac Bridge
    Tarp
    DCF
    Insulation
    Grey Goose Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a HG Winter Palace and a HG Diamond Asym Tarp. That's all I use for 3-season camping (I don't camp in deep winter).
    "Behold, as a wild a** of the desert, go I forth to my work." -- Guerney Halleck

Hammock
    Dutch,SLD
    Tarp
    Superfly,Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    It is always nice to have an extra tarp or two, either as a back up or for friends or kids/family who want to hang on backpacking trips.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I have had several tarps. The I currently keep 2 Superflys (best all-around tarp I have found) and a Warbonnet Edge (because my oldest son likes the simplicity and it works well as a ground camping tarp).

I used a HG CF Stnd w/doors for 2 years before I got my first Superfly. I eventually sold the CF tarp because it offered much less coverage than the Superfly and took much more pack space.

My suggestion would be; unless you really need the money, hold on to the SuperFly. You would miss it if it were gone.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast