Bespoke Ultralight
    Tarp
    Rab Siltarp 2
    Insulation
    Snugpak TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Pythons & Whoopies

My new Hammock from Bespoke Ultralight in the UK

After a bit of a false start with a hammock from a well know manufacturer in Scotland I decided to try again.

A fellow Hammock camper here in the UK is manufacturing good quality hammocks on a small scale from his home. I like to support grass roots suppliers as they are more knowledgeable about the subject and go above and beyond what faceless corporations offer.

My hammock was supplied by Scotty von Porkchop of Bespoke Ultralight. He supplied me an 11' Hammock in British MTP Pattern (similar to Multicam). The hammock has the Knotty Mod built into it. I also asked him to supply a fixed ridgeline (83% length in Zing-it!) so that I could obrtain the correct sag. The hammock came supplied with Amsteel Continuous Loops.

For suspension I attached suspender rings via a Larkshead Knot. I am currently using Amsteel Whoopie slings from my old DD hammock. The whoopies connect to tree straps via Climbing Carabiners also from my old DD. When not in use it all slips into a Snakeskin also from DD.

All in all I have a system that is lightweight and goes up very easily.

I also need to mention Brian from HengeHammocks (eBay seller) who supplied me with the rings and my alternative straps (similar to Pythons straps but better.)

I realise that I could possibly do away with the descender rings to lighten the setup but i've left them in for now. It gives me the option of removing the Whoopies and just using the rings with webbing.

35076121946_361c82ac5b_b.jpg
    My 8yr old boy who was less than happy to be in the hammock.

34729207730_7c6dcb4f63_b.jpg
    Descender rings and Continuous loop. Detail of Ridgeline can also be seen.

34305791983_407f07a23a_b.jpg
    Other end of Hammock.

34729206070_c03b424794_b.jpg
    DMM Climbing Carabiner for attaching Hammock to Tree Straps.

For now I have a Woobie rigged as an underblanket, Snugpak Jungle Blanket for insultaion and a Rab Siltarp 2 for tarp cover.

Excuse the mess in my garden. It's like going wildcamping when out in my yard .
    I normall camp out on the Yorkshire Moors but i'm stuck in for now until I get another motorcycle.
    Last edited by Trawlerman; 06-05-2017 at 10:12. Reason: Additional

• + New Posts