Tarp
    DIY Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    All of them! Ugh.
    Images
    Re: my earlier posts in this thread starting at #10

I made my silk "tq" and have been using it the past 3-4 weeks. Works great. 2yds of the 55" wide stuff is perfect for my size, 150lb, 5'4". I made the footbox only about 16" deep so that it's easy to get in/out.

This fabric is quite fluid so can be awkward to orient correctly in the dark. I added a strip of red 3/8 grosgrain to the outside of top edge. This was intended for both visual and textural clues to make it easier to determine inside/outside, which end is up. As long as there is a little bit of light, the red is a good contrast against the white fabric, but the tiny grosgrain does not provide enough texture to go by feel alone. Maybe some of that zigzag decorative edging would have been better.

I haven't taken any photos yet, but it's pretty basic so not so much to see anyway. If I think of it I'll take a couple over the weekend.

Hammock
    Yukon
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I made a sleep sack out of ripstop. Perfect for summer temps, and it becomes a liner for my other sleep systems when needed. 2 yards of ripstop folded in half lengthwise and sewn across the bottom and up one long side. Sometimes I add a fleece throw or cover it with my poncho liner.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 20*
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    I'd rather be hanging.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    While at Walmart yesterday I picked up an Ozark Trail bag liner for $5. Its polyester, so great wicking action this time of year and about 7/8 of the way up both sides are slit the rest of the way making it a little easier to get in while hanging and fold down the top portion if its too hot. I think Im gonna sew the one side up to the top and increase the length of the unattached part on the other to make a footbox.. If it works out OK I might try it with my Snugpak Thermalon liner too. Last night it was in the mid to upper 60's. I started out with nothing but my synthetic clothing, then added the liner around 3ish. I must have gotten a chill from the wind while sleeping BC I woke up this morning and was in the liner with my Snugpak jungle blanket on top as well. And even though the sun was right on me I was dry as a bone. Not bad for a $5 bag liner!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234