So the talk about the "survival shows" got me to thinking. They want thir shows realistic so they go out with a minimal of equipment. Two things came to mind:

1) Would you have a hammock if you found yourself in a survival situation? I keep a spare Eno DoubleNest and a sometimes a spare SingleNest in my truck, so if I happened to get in a spot with the truck, I most surely would have a hammock with me. Of course, what are my odds of being in a survival situation where I didn't come in with the truck. But then again, what are the odds I get lost in the woods, when I wasn't heading to the woods to begin with?

2) So that brought me to my next question. I was figuring that packing a small hammock wouldn't be out of the realm of a survival situation. I mean you have to get into the situation somehow, and unless you are kidnapped and dropped in the woods you either have to have the vehicle that brought you, or at least some gear going in. Then I got to thinking, what's the smallest hammock we could come up with, kind of like a wearable hammock that you could keep up you like an article of clothing? How about a bandanna hammock? I am sure after seeing Grizz's video lightening the bridge hammock up, you could make an incredible light weight hammock that could be folded up about the size of a hood, or bandanna. A minimal amount of ripstop sewn more to a clothing shape when folded, and that amazing suspension in the video, some Amsteel in a whoopie sling. Maybe it could double as a rain poncho? We are talking a survival piece of equipment here. Nothing fancy, just something to get you off the ground at night if you were to get stuck in a survival situation.

Thoughts? Am I losing it, or does anyone think a survival hammock marketed as an extra piece of clothing is a viable idea? Or am I late for the game already?